Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBeege
Doh! Zongshen GS250 - Clutch + other issues

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone else has encountered something similar. I'm still a new rider, so pardon any lack of precision or jargon.

I'm having issues where I don't think my clutch is fully engaging. When I pull in the clutch and roll the throttle, I still get some push. With my previous (read as "first") bike, engaging the clutch completely cut off any engine power to the wheels. Is this a configuration issue, i.e. tightening or loosening something? Is this potentially a bad part? Is this expected behavior for this bike? It's also remarkably difficult to shift, finding neutral is a pain, and when releasing the throttle and engaging the clutch, it revs down instead of running freely (I'm sure there's a better way to say that).

My headlight also died on me last night on the freeway. Fortunately, the bright was working. It was flickering before it died, so I'm thinking it may be a wiring issue instead of bulb issue? Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about. (EDIT Also, the distance the headlight casts is terrifyingly short. I only got maybe 20ft of illumination in front of me. I was terrified there would be debris in the road, and I'd be done for. Is that normal, and/or is there any way to adjust it? (/EDIT)

If you're not familiar with these issues specifically, I would greatly, greatly appreciate any learning materials or direction on how to better diagnose things. My background is in IT, and I have very, very little experience with machines that aren't computers.

Thanks!!

Tags
clutch, newbie, problems, zongshen