Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #1

Which 250??

I’m entertaining the idea of getting a new Chinese 250 rather then a used Japanese bike. I have been out of riding for about 8 years. I have owned many Japanese atv’s and dirt bikes of all sizes. In Utah it was lots if wide open spaces and I loved my Ktm 300 exc and banshee atv. I’m now in Florida. More woods and not as much open space, so I think a good trail bike would be sufficient. I’ve been mainly looking at the Apollo 250 and the kymoto xz 250. I’m 6’ tall 250 and oookong for something to play in the trails. I find lots of info on the Apollo and hawk on you tube, but nothing on the kymoto/rps 250?
Any info you guys can share on the differences and pros and cons of each would be appreciated.
I am very mechanical as well. I’ve never paid a shop to fix anything I have owned. Other then machine work of course.

I also posted in new member section but figured I should of posted here

Old 01-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #2

From what I've seen today it appears the kymoto xz is possibly just a rebadged x-moto x31, gio x31 and the rps 250 looks like the same bike also

Old 01-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #3

Welcome, What I will say is the power of the Chinese 250 four strokes is going to be nothing compared your KTM or Banshee. Now with that said, I think either of the choices you listed would be fine. I think if you are mechanically inclined and do a little preventative maintenance on them then they are a great bike and give good service. The Apollo bikes have a good following, The RPS bikes are good, SSR, and Pitster Pro! Lots of choices, and alot of them share parts and will interchange.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #4

The thought has been in the back of my mind about getting an Apollo Bike instead of a Street legal Dual Sport. Simply because, I'm thinking do I really want another vehicle added to my already lengthy insurance. I have 5 vehicles insured already. And I have the Vulcan. But then again, its so nice to be able to ride the roads as well.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #5

as a general comment, I'd say you won't be happy. The china bikes are ok, but nothing compared to japanese quality and power. if you don't expect too much, they would work for you. I would not use my hawk for a lot of really rough play on trails like jumps and such. at the very least, look for the higher end chinese models.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #6

As has been said many times on this forum, a China bike requires a sense of humour. If you enjoy wrenching as much as you enjoy riding, you'll fit right into this nuthouse.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer