Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2024, 07:59 PM   #1

While that theory sound good in practice it many time is not the case.. If you have a decent amount of MC knowledge and some mechanical abilities and after a test ride can figure out if this is a rough diamond or a block of stone looking for a sucker.. In my opinion a 10 yr old yamaha, honda, KLM are as good as a 2024 chonda all day long. they, used bikes, start at such a higher level and with decent care and 7500 or so miles, not looking like they have been beat to hell will cost 35-4K which is some 800 above the current list price..

Now if LIfan is going to be making some deals.. I was offered a 2600 deal in oct the Jerry deal as it was called but I am not able, and I let them know as much,
I was not able to do the deal at that time.. I figured the price would actually go down as they got more sales not up.. but you know corp greed as we see today all over the place.

Still in the fence about this but my time frame is still oct, nov, dec time frame when we get back to east coast for winter. maybe thing will change a bit by then one way or the other.. plus end of season is when a lot of folks like to sell bike they did not get a lot of use during the year is what I am seeing on ads.

thanks for you thoughts as always they help..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Used bikes will often come with used bike problems if they are more than a few years old so be prepared for that, and most used bikes less than 5 years old are still more expensive. The rare times a used KLX300 or CRF300L comes up for sale, usually only a couple of years old, they are asking over $5000 for them. Even used KLX230S (air cooled) bikes are around $4000 and rated at less power than the 250 engine in the Lifan.

Lifan bikes are built to a quality standard above the typical China bikes. They are still cheaper, but they don't need as much attention and "upgrading" as bikes like the Hawk.