Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2020, 11:04 PM   #1

Bike: 2020 TBR7

Elev: 1000'

Carb: factory PZ30

Jets: 112 main, 38 pilot a/f screw 2 turns out

Needle: 1 washer shim

Mods: port'n polish head, decked 1mm and thin head gasket, foam filter in stock air filter location, stock exhaust, cat deleat, spark arrestor screen removed, 17 tooth front sprocket, stock rear sprocket, larger knobby wheels (hawk front rim & 19" stock rear rim), added oil cooler.

GPS speeds: strong 65mph and 75mph if the winds at my back.

Rider size: 6' 210lbs

Old 06-28-2020, 09:41 AM   #2

Bike: 2020 RPS Hawk

Elevation: 750 ft

Carb: PZ30

Jet sizes: 110 main, stock pilot (40)

Needle setting: 1 shims

Pilot screw turns: 1 3/4

Relevant mods: air box mod,

Old 05-10-2024, 01:27 AM   #3

I dug this thread up from the dead. Mostly because I wanted to update it, but also curious to see if anybody wanted to add to it.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-10-2024, 09:05 AM   #4

I put all that information in my signature so no matter what I post and where, the info is right there with my comment.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, GPS verified, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 05-10-2024, 04:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do©Hawk View Post
I put all that information in my signature so no matter what I post and where, the info is right there with my comment.
Except this is a thread specific to carbureted bikes so other people could figure out an idea of how to jet their cg250 powered bikes.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Except this is a thread specific to carbureted bikes so other people could figure out an idea of how to jet their cg250 powered bikes.
Maybe, but there is nothing in the title or opening post that would suggest that.
strength!)

Old 05-13-2024, 01:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Maybe, but there is nothing in the title or opening post that would suggest that.
No disrespect intended, but it's pretty clear from the first post that carburetor settings are what were asked for.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjocko View Post
No disrespect intended, but it's pretty clear from the first post that carburetor settings are what were asked for.
Non taken, but I disagree. A clearer 1st post would request carb settings, not mods to 229cc Enduro style motorcycles which could include EFI motorcycles.

Dan, you got me on the thread date and history of the Hawk 250 vs Hawk 250 DLX EFI. I didn't choose my Hawk based off of fuel delivery. My Hawk chose me and happens to be EFI.

Point taken. EFI not welcome(in this thread) I'll try not to "muddy the waters" for the carb folks.
strength!)

Old 05-13-2024, 07:51 PM   #9

Quote:
The date it was posted predates the DLX and the fact that the blank template of the first post has a "Carb" section to it being the biggest. Half of the information requested being about specific jet setups for each jet setting being another good clue.

I'm not against a dlx posting, but seeing as the DLX doesn't need much out of the box to run properly where the carb bikes need jetting and different sprockets to even hit 60mph, and more work to hit 65 to 70, that is the entire point of this particular thread. That's all.

Remember that the Hawk has been around since late 2015. The EFI bikes are a recent thing, and this post is older, from the pre-efi days.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:52 AM   #10

Bike: 2024 CSC TT250

Elevation: 200 feet at home, but I also ride in the mountains of northern California mostly at elevations of 3000-6000 feet with occasional rides at higher elevations.

Carb: Nibbi PE28FL

Jet sizes: Genuine Nibbi 115 main and 35 pilot.

Needle: The needle that came with the PE28FL, as delivered. It has no markings on it that I can see.

Needle setting: 2nd groove from the top

Pilot air screw turns: 3/4 - 1-1/4 turns, depending on elevation

Top speed: 70-ish on GPS, and dependent on many factors

Relevant mods: Motocult Stage 3 kit, 20mm I.D. tailpipe installed in an otherwise stock exhaust system (with catalytic converter still installed), NGK DPR8EIX-9 spark plug, and 16/45 sprockets. The stock air filter, air box, and pulse air injection system are all still installed. Additionally, I have retained the stock evaporative emissions charcoal canister and have its purge hose routed to the bowl vent fitting on the Nibbi carb. That method of connection for the evaporative canister does have a VERY slight leaning effect on the jetting since drawing air (that contains fuel vapors) through the canister is ever so slightly more restrictive than just having the bowl vent freely open to the atmosphere.

I tried of number of jetting combinations, changing one thing at a time, until i settled on this setup that I'm very pleased with. I chose the 115 main jet and #2 needle clip position as a compromise for the range of elevations that I fairly regularly ride. It's a little lean at wide open throttle at my home elevation and will noticeably, but not horribly, ping on 87 octane fuel if the engine is loaded heavily, like pulling a steep grade. Running 91 octane eliminates the ping and it's not so lean that it causes any particularly noticeable effect. I can back out the pilot screw and adjust the idle speed thumbwheel as necessary to compensate the part throttle mixture and idle speed for riding at higher elevations.

I ride the range of elevations that I indicated (200 feet to 6k+) regularly enough that I don't want to have to keep changing jets all the time, so this is what I've settled on and it works very well for my circumstances. Fuel mileage is 60+ mpg with a combination of road and trail riding that favors more road riding. In all reality, with the pilot air screw at 1 turn, this jetting is likely about ideal for this bike at 3000-4000 feet elevation. The same setup with a 120 main jet, and the pilot air screw at 3/4 turn, is about ideal at my home elevation. Of course, temperature, humidity, and other things that affect air density will vary.
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Last edited by superjocko; 05-22-2024 at 01:20 PM.