Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTech View Post
That's strange. I ordered 2 Hawks and 2 Apollos from apscusa and everything went smooth as silk.
In my (so far unsuccessful) search for a Hawk front wheel, I used apscusa's contact form to inquire about them (site shows in stock), and on a monday, Don called me and talked to me for at least 30 minutes. He's going out of his way to help find a wheel to a bike I didn't buy from him. If that's not customer service, I'm not sure what is.
I'd say that when a person has a major delay in getting a bike, it's the supplier doing the drop-ship and dragging their feet. They probably also have to wait for paperwork to come from the supplier in order to even fill out the MCO/MSO.

Granted, that doesn't mean you should get the cold shoulder when you email or call the business you bought it from. So far, I've not had that experience from any of them.

Is the guy at RPS that took over the parts sales named Marcos? Don at apsc had me try them 1st.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:12 PM   #17

I have gotten 2 Hawks thru Q9 powersports this Spring. No problems whatsoever. However they, along with most everybody else, are waiting delivery of the next batch.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
When was this? It seems as though they suddenly went 'bad' in a relatively short period of time. If I remember your posts, it was mere months ago, but the past month or so has seen them take a turn for the worse. Seems they were hit or miss leading up to the Christmas season in November--some had no issues, but I remember one guy ordering two Vaders a few weeks before Christmas, and not getting them until early January. Those who had issues were not as mad at the timing, but the communication, or lack thereof, when there were delays. Then there were those who ordered, had money charged, and then had to get a charge-back for some reason or another for their Enforcer order. That was relatively recently. A few members here experienced that. But, yes, like your order, if you were 'at the right place at the right time' there would have been successful transactions.
It was back in July of 2016 when I ordered everything. Is Don still the one to talk to there. I dealt with him and while communication wasn't stellar it was more that adequate. I was really pleased with their customer service at the time.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:37 PM   #19

TX Powersports

I bought mine from TX Powersports. I had a few minor problems and they helped me get the replacement parts. I did buy a few aftermarket parts and installed them before the maiden voyage. Other than fluids and re-jetting the carb, the Hawk 250 is pretty much ready to go out of the box. I changed the chain and sprockets just for the gear ratio. The newer chain seems to be a decent quality.

Keep us posted!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 05-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #20

I ordered from safer whole sale i got my enforcer in13 days lady Thursday to be exact I'm having a great time with bike so far
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170427_162728.jpg (97.9 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170501_204119_656.jpg (97.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 20170429_081350_HDR.jpg (100.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4128.jpg (99.1 KB, 167 views)

Old 05-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newwood View Post
I have gotten 2 Hawks thru Q9 powersports this Spring. No problems whatsoever. However they, along with most everybody else, are waiting delivery of the next batch.
i agree i know 4 of us in Ohio with no problem from q9.great service.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
I bought mine from TX Powersports. I had a few minor problems and they helped me get the replacement parts. I did buy a few aftermarket parts and installed them before the maiden voyage. Other than fluids and re-jetting the carb, the Hawk 250 is pretty much ready to go out of the box. I changed the chain and sprockets just for the gear ratio. The newer chain seems to be a decent quality.

Keep us posted!
I'm waiting until the slow boat gets here to see if txps makes good on my front wheel. The runout was excessive, and playing with spoke tension wasn't working very well.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:24 AM   #23

Oh, I almost forgot; I talked with Don at apscusa again on a follow up call on the wheel situation, and he talked to me another 15-20 minutes. Turns out, the bashan and csc wheels will not fit a hawk (at least the front wheel, anyway), but he did tell me that if I needed any more help, feel free to give him a call. Keep in mind, my bike wasn't ordered through his business, but he's all about helping me if he can. He has stopped selling the Hawk, due to the registration problems (and lack of effort on RPS and Haosen's part to pass the regs that bashan has already passed). I tell you what, fellers.. if I'm ever in the market for another bike, I'd call Don first, after all the time he's took just to try to help me with a bike I didn't buy from him, and he no longer sells.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
Oh, I almost forgot; I talked with Don at apscusa again on a follow up call on the wheel situation, and he talked to me another 15-20 minutes. Turns out, the bashan and csc wheels will not fit a hawk (at least the front wheel, anyway), but he did tell me that if I needed any more help, feel free to give him a call. Keep in mind, my bike wasn't ordered through his business, but he's all about helping me if he can. He has stopped selling the Hawk, due to the registration problems (and lack of effort on RPS and Haosen's part to pass the regs that bashan has already passed). I tell you what, fellers.. if I'm ever in the market for another bike, I'd call Don first, after all the time he's took just to try to help me with a bike I didn't buy from him, and he no longer sells.
You would think the Enforcer or any "regular forked" Hondoid front wheel would work.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #25

Yeah, you would think so.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #26

Killer Motorsports

I bought my hawk three years ago from Killer Motorsports.
No issues with transaction. They sent title after I received and I registered for the street with no problems.

https://www.killermotorsports.com/rp...dirt-bike.html