Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #16

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboyk View Post
hey i have a Hawk,took paypal receipt for sales tax mco and had the title is five minutes,then off to license plate easy to obtain.
Yay! Did you need a windshield, or DOT approved tires? Also, in OH, I heard you don't need insurance as long as you wear a helmet, but that is just hearsay. I have to call the company and let them know to put Motorcycle on the MCO.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingWrench View Post
Shouldn't really matter I don't think. You can get it converted to MC title later. I think.

I'm in the process of getting my MCO at the moment I will let you know whats up when I get there. So far though from all I've gathered everything should be smooth. Although I am prepared to pay for 2 titles. 1st to get it reg. to the state and then the 2nd to convert it to a MC title.
Damn haha. How much is it to get the MCO?

Old 04-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarwolf View Post
Yay! Did you need a windshield, or DOT approved tires? Also, in OH, I heard you don't need insurance as long as you wear a helmet, but that is just hearsay. I have to call the company and let them know to put Motorcycle on the MCO.
no windshield needed , tires on the hawk have a dot stamp,they do not inspect the bike ,as for insurance you never have to show it to get plates just dont get pulled over.Full coverage for me was $86.00 although i insure 5 cars and have home owners and business insurance.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #19

Quote:
no windshield needed , tires on the hawk have a dot stamp,they do not inspect the bike ,as for insurance you never have to show it to get plates just dont get pulled over.Full coverage for me was $86.00 although i insure 5 cars and have home owners and business insurance.

I grew up in Akron actually in the Kenmore neighborhood. Maybe I'll pass ya one day and give you the toot toot of a Chinese bike.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:19 PM   #20

Quote:
MCO is free..... Certified MCO (which I'm unsure wtf that actually means) cost $30.00 through PSM.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #21

Quote:
I grew up in Akron actually in the Kenmore neighborhood. Maybe I'll pass ya one day and give you the toot toot of a Chinese bike.
thats awesome,i work in Barberton and live in Green.I think i seen a green Hawk a few weeks back.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Damn haha. How much is it to get the MCO?
Here is my advice take it or leave it ,I ordered from q9 motorsports,bike came 4 days later,took pic of vin number sent it to them following week had a MCO that stated it was a motorcycle,and it was free.Also was notarized which the title bureau requires.They also have paypal 6 months same as cash and what i found out from paypal is if you buy at the end of a month you have an extra month to pay it off,I purchased mine 12/31.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Here is my advice take it or leave it ,I ordered from q9 motorsports,bike came 4 days later,took pic of vin number sent it to them following week had a MCO that stated it was a motorcycle,and it was free.Also was notarized which the title bureau requires.They also have paypal 6 months same as cash and what i found out from paypal is if you buy at the end of a month you have an extra month to pay it off,I purchased mine 12/31.
Did you have to request the MCO say motorcycle? Or did it come that way?

Old 04-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #24

Grin

Quote:
I just ordered my black RPS Hawk 250 from killermotosports using Affirm. Just placed $320 down payment. I got to wait until the end of May or early June for it to be shipped, then on top of that, assemble it. :'( I asked in the order comments to send mco that says motorcycle on it. Can't wait to have it assembled and shit. I got about of acre of lawn I can just ride on and learn how to ride before I actually get the bike insured and whatnot. Should I get it registered right off rip even if I can't ride on the road? I am personally thinking I should so the police can be notified if it gets stolen, though i'll have the bike in my basement anyhow in which I sleep in, so I mean, if someone tries to steal it, because i'll be on vacation, I got a nice Glock 26 for em LOL.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #25

At least you know everything will be out together correctly. Might want to invest in a digital cluster http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18194. Keep us posted how titling goes for you

Old 04-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #26

You have to put in the mco request with killermotoraports after you reciebe the bike. Just an fyi

Old 05-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #27

Quote:
no Q9 sent it and it said motorcycle on it.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:45 PM   #28

Quote:
I thank you so much for the information! Yeah, I believe the BMV in Lancaster told me it needed a windshield which I thought was absurd. Perhaps I heard her wrong, hopefully so. Yeah, I got to call the people who sell the dirt bikes to make sure the MCO says Motorcycle.
My MSO read Motorcycle. Titled and Plated absolutely no problems.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:52 PM   #29

Quote:
I just ordered my black RPS Hawk 250 from killermotosports using Affirm. Just placed $320 down payment. I got to wait until the end of May or early June for it to be shipped, then on top of that, assemble it. :'( I asked in the order comments to send mco that says motorcycle on it. Can't wait to have it assembled and shit. I got about of acre of lawn I can just ride on and learn how to ride before I actually get the bike insured and whatnot. Should I get it registered right off rip even if I can't ride on the road? I am personally thinking I should so the police can be notified if it gets stolen, though i'll have the bike in my basement anyhow in which I sleep in, so I mean, if someone tries to steal it, because i'll be on vacation, I got a nice Glock 26 for em LOL.
looks like they are hitting the wholesaler on may 15 so you should recieve it soon!
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250