Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 AM   #1

Kazuma Cheetah 200cc dual sport - plethora of ?s

I'm new here! :P

Bought this '04 model with 400 miles on it, title and plate for $100 USD!!! :!:

So, I go to test ride it and the yellow tank plastics fall off from going off a curb. Oh well. Went ahead and re-jetted and cleaned out the carb. My GAWD! The PO left the air boot slightly off and I found dirt and crud in there. Sure enough, runs much better now (lowered clip one position, richened fuel screw).

In the process of carb cleaning I dumped cleaner on the float bowl gasket. Now it has grown and leaks gas when the gas is turned on. Can I buy a new gasket or do I need to buy a whole new carby?

Also, wanting to buy new rear sprocket and chain. I have a 16T CS sprocket. Will have a 45T rear sprocket. What length of chain should I get??? :?:

I need a new battery. The current one measures: 3-5/8 inch tall, 3.5 inch deep, 6 inch wide. Anybody know the model code for a Wal Mart battery that size?

I changed the oil and dumped 1.5L in there. Is that too much? 1L didn't seem to register on the High mark on the site glass??

Thanks for reading all these :x questions!

Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #2

Re: Kazuma Cheetah 200cc dual sport - plethora of ?s

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup
I'm new here! :P ...Bought this '04 model with 400 miles on it, title and plate for $100 USD!!! :!: ...
Welcome and congratulations; you got an unbelievable deal on your motorcycle!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #3

I think your bike is the same as my HSUN. If that's the case:

1 liter of oil. No filter, only a strainer.

I'd make my own gasket with a scalpel or razor from gasket material from the autoparts store. Even a new carb should be in the $20 bracket if needed.

Amazing deal.

About the battery, I have an extra on my shelf if you don't get the answer by tonight I'll look at it and give you the model number.

Welcome aboard!

Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #4

If making gaskets isn't your thing you can find the model # on the carb and from that you can do a search on the net. There is somewhere on the planet that stocks something for that unit.

Wow, 100 bucks? I wonder why deals like that never fall in my lap :(

gratz!

Daddy

Old 10-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
1 liter of oil. No filter, only a strainer.
Thank you!

How do I access my strainer? Remove clutch cover? If so, yikes!

How often would you clean that strainer?

I'll hafta dump some oil out then (1.5L that I put in there).

That $20 carb sounds expensive compared to what I paid for the bike. That's 20% of the value right there. :wink:

What length chains do most people run with their gearing? :?:

Old 10-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #6

Mount your sprockets then put the chain on and measure where you want to cut it. Use the original chain. Grind off the oputside of the rivet pin and drive it out with a punch and a hammer on the vice. A bit of a POA but no biggie. Measure twice, cut once.

The strainer is a big (22mm?) bolt in front of the shift lever. You'd never figure it out until someone pointed it out. You are supposed to check it once an oil change, but I never found anything there, but it's easy and free to check so no harm there. If there was crud, I'd wash it with carb or brake cleaner. Watch your eyes.

You can make a gasket easy. Pull the bowl and coat the lip with grease. Make an imprint of the bowl surface by pushing the grease on a piece of gasket material. Whip out your knife and cut it out. It's Colorforms fun. (Don't know if you are old enough to get that joke).

Bill

Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #7

Quote:
...That $20 carb sounds expensive compared to what I paid for the bike. That's 20% of the value right there. :wink:...
Spoken like a true China Rider! You are going to fit in very well at these forums!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
Mount your sprockets then put the chain on and measure where you want to cut it. Use the original chain. Grind off the oputside of the rivet pin and drive it out with a punch and a hammer on the vice. A bit of a POA but no biggie. Measure twice, cut once.

The strainer is a big (22mm?) bolt in front of the shift lever. You'd never figure it out until someone pointed it out. You are supposed to check it once an oil change, but I never found anything there, but it's easy and free to check so no harm there. If there was crud, I'd wash it with carb or brake cleaner. Watch your eyes.

You can make a gasket easy. Pull the bowl and coat the lip with grease. Make an imprint of the bowl surface by pushing the grease on a piece of gasket material. Whip out your knife and cut it out. It's Colorforms fun. (Don't know if you are old enough to get that joke).

Bill
Thanks again! Original chain is all rusted up (along with header and muffler too). Yes, the bike is low miles but it was neglected too.

I could buy a big azz chain and cut but why bother? Saw spud's link to the Tsubaki chain. What a deal!!!

Ya, wondered about that silver plated bolt. It seemed odd that you could drain oil from two places. Didn't have a 22mm so I didn't bother with it. Read about others complaining about having to remove the skid plate. Ha ha. That took two minutes. :roll:

Haven't made a gasket before. Sounds fun. Prolly more fun than finagling the carb out of the frame. I mean - damn!!! I'm no mechanical engineer but serviceability of that carb was truly an afterthought. :x

Getting 40MPH wide open now with 16/56 gearing. I'm fat (250 lbs) so that makes it slow. 40 is almost enough. Need to go 50 such that at 40 (highest speed planned) I'm not pinned. I gotta say that gearing is fun for hooligan-isms in the neighborhood though. Jumping off of curbs to see what else falls off, etc. :P

Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #9

Quote:
...I could buy a big azz chain and cut but why bother? Saw spud's link to the Tsubaki chain. What a deal!!!...
Indeed, you are going to love the Tsubaki drive chain! Stock up; get several chains shipped to you for the flat shipping rate. You are not going to find a better deal on a quality drive chain!

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #10

OK You officialy clobbered the deal I got on mine a while ago, With a very very small bit of elbow grease You'll have a good bike for messing around on. WOW who let that go for so cheap? Welcome to China Riders where everyones favortite words are Cheap, Fun, And free

Ok maybe that's just me :oops:

Old 10-20-2009, 12:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc
OK You officialy clobbered the deal I got on mine a while ago, With a very very small bit of elbow grease You'll have a good bike for messing around on. WOW who let that go for so cheap? Welcome to China Riders where everyones favortite words are Cheap, Fun, And free

The guy is a friend of the family. He got it used for $750 a few years ago. His Wife rode it around on a sandy beach next to Lake Roosevelt. Said it was too heavy. They stopped riding it and got a quad instead. :roll:

He wuz gunna sell it to my bro-in-law but the bro-in-law got skeered and thought he'd crash off road with it just from sitting on it and compressing the suspension :twisted: . (that never happens, right??) The sale price to the bro-in-law was $100 and was settled during their camp trip all the while consuming several beers. Luckily he was a man of his word and honored the price for me. :P

Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ200cc

...He wuz gunna sell it to my bro-in-law but the bro-in-law got skeered and thought he'd crash off road with it just from sitting on it and compressing the suspension :twisted: . (that never happens, right??) The sale price to the bro-in-law was $100 and was settled during their camp trip all the while consuming several beers. Luckily he was a man of his word and honored the price for me. :P
Who says brothers-in-law are good for nothing? :roll:

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 10-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #13

Well, $100 in new parts and you should be riding strong.

Allen

Old 10-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Well, $100 in new parts and you should be riding strong.

Allen
Indeed!

Nobody has suggested a chain length so I think I'll follow Spud's advice and buy maybe two or three Tsubaki chains.:mrgreen: In addition to a 46T I want to keep the tractor 56T so I'll prolly need two chains anyway. What suggested lengths should I consider?

UPDATE: comparing two bikes I'm familiar with this is what I've surmised:

On a YZ250 the following are the chain lengths based on gearing:

14/50=3.57 or 114 links (stock)
14/52=3.71 or 116

On a KLR650 the following is the length of chain req'd for the stock gearing:
15/43=2.86 or 106

So, given my interest to have both:
16/45=2.81 or 106
16/56=3.50 or 114

A 106 and 114 chain length are needed (provided my bike is the approximate same length from sprocket to sprocket). I ordered both a 106 and 114 length chain. They charged me $17 to ship which means they charged per item. This is reasonable since I shipped my too short Regina 114 chain back to Rocky Mtn ATV/MC yesterday for $10 USPS. The 114 was too short on my YZ with my new gearing. :idea:

Old 10-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #15

I don't have specific experience with a bike like yours. When I'm faced with replacing a chain on an unknown bike, I buy the longest on I can find and cut it to length. Is that what you're asking?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer