Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #1

RX4 Crash Protection & A Sneak Peak of some new competion =)

After scrutinizing the RX4 for an upcoming 10,000 mile off road filming we're doing, we're close to backing away from that bike.

Main reason is lack of protection, the lower motor is completely exposed and the skid plate is woefully inadequate for the task.

The RX3 will be in the group for sure.

Here's a lil sneak peak of some competition were bringing along on this trek, we could very well have a new manufacture on US shores in the very near future.

Old 12-11-2019, 06:43 AM   #2

The Zontes looks strikingly similar to the BMW g310gs. At least from my memory of the looks of the BMW. It would be interesting to see a head to head comparo.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:29 AM   #3

The BMW g310gs is made in India, all though as seen in an up coming article we wrote for ADV Pulse mag, now days there is not one manufacture that does not have a portion of its production in China. (Spoiler alert) Honda's largest manufacturing plant opened in 2016... in China!

Old 12-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #4

I remember hearing about the New Honda plant in China, but i was under the impression that Honda produced various underbone bikes in China since a single cam four cylinder was a current model. I'm intrigued by the T310, I personally think that the Bavarians didn't get the 300cc adv bike formula right. Neither did Kawasaki, A Honda cb300x might be promising, but I haven't heard anything of that nature.

Old 12-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #5

Game, set, and match might be the new KTM 390 Adventure. I've been looking for a substantial upgrade from the RX3, while maintaining a low price point and low weight. The KTM looks like it is going to obliterate the BMW and Kawasaki, and take over the dominant spot for lightweight ADV bikes. But as it's made in India and not China, I don't know how relevant it is to talk about here.

Old 12-11-2019, 07:22 PM   #6

I think what most / all the manufacturers are missing is looks vs substance. In that realm the RX 3 does pretty good. Crash bars, skid plate ect. It can do what it's designed to do.

The others just seems to want to put their toe in the pool, unfortunately they drown vs swim.

The other bike in the segment that actually tops them all is the Himalayan (all be it a 400cc), it has proven it can travel the world at under $6K