Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2022, 11:11 PM   #31

Good point. So maybe check carb throttle/needle first. My gut tells me something is up with the clutch though because it wouldn’t start until I took off the chain. I just don’t see how a shifter shaft would connect to anything in there, via my picture….

Old 04-10-2022, 06:51 PM   #32

It's entirely possible that it just has the automatic clutch that engages with engine RPM. My sons GIO Mini-Beast (110cc I believe) had no shifter or reverse, and I bought it new. It was just gas and go. I never had the clutch side cover off though, so I can't be of much help there. It didn't have a ton of torque though so it wouldn't surprise me if it just had one of those little centrifugal clutches like go karts come with.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:11 AM   #33

knock

hello... I had this problem with a motor as well... torn it down could not see any thing.. switch the complete motor from a brand new unit... ( I am a dealer so I can do that )... and it did the same thing... I was stumped.. then I realized I used the carb that was on the one that was making the noise on start up,,.. only when you tried to start it.... the carb was switched with the one that was on the other atv... perfect... the throttle plunger was set to high allowing it to get too much fuel on start up... so I lower the plunger .. ( the one on the cable).. so it would not draw as much fuel on start up... ( PERFECT.. )
WHEN you try to start it and give it throttle as some require it... it would over fuel and KNOCK on start up,... like pre-ignition.. stupid problem.. drove me nuts.. so lower you throttle setting.. and DO NOT GIVE IT FUEL ON START UP.... I am sure lots of atvs have this problem.. I now notice this on some atvs. as people twist the fuel trying to start and it over fuels the motor.. and either you flood the carb and sparkplug... or it knocks too much fuel in motor.. try it and let me know..

Old 04-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #34

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in replies. I went to put the washer on the head bolt that I forgot to put on, and I found I had stripped the bolt. I ordered new ones and had to wait for them to get in.

After replacing the head bolt, I pulled the carb out, reset the throttle cable, and ran the main sprocket a few times to make sure the clutch was free. She wasn’t happy, but I was able to eventually get it started and idling! It took a couple hours to secure all the wiring harness, attach the body, attach the seat, air up the tires, reattach everything else, and get it ready to ride. I took it for a 60 second spin! It had a weird smell and I need to tune the carb but it seems to be nearing trail ready.

Thanks for all the help!

Old 05-09-2022, 09:55 AM   #35

So new Update; I’ve posted a video but the engine sounds weird, like a “bop bop bop” at idle. It won’t run without the choke on, and the spark plug is pretty dark when I remove it. There also iso a lot of white smoke out of the exhaust. I’ve tried adjusting the carb but can’t get it to stay running without the choke on.

My son was riding it and it died on him, and he couldn’t start it. He hooked it up to a battery charger, then was able to start it later, but it died after a bit of riding again. I went out to try and work on it but couldn’t get it started. It turns over and everything, but there was a loud bang again and lots of smoke from the head.

Any thoughts on what I need to do next to get it running?

Tags
110, atv, engine, tao tao