Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2021, 03:17 PM   #1

Question Hello from New England! Looking to buy a chinese ATV- would love some help!

Hello everybody! Just joined the forum on this beautiful Saturday afternoon which I am spending oogling at atvs on alibaba instead of enjoying nature.... oh well I'm sure when it's in the 90s for the next few days I'll regret my decision

I have come to you all today because I cannot stand all the arguing everywhere I look about whether or not Chinese atvs are good. I'm going to buy one, so I came to the best place I could find! I certainly don't have 10 grand lying about for a Polaris or Yamaha. So the question is- what's the best I can get for my money?

Now, I'm not looking for a beast of a machine. I'm looking for something that's at the very least 250cc. I'd go up to 500cc if there is a good deal on it though. My budget is around $1500 when all is said and done (so including shipping, fees, etc) although I may be able to do $1800, but that's pushing it. Too many horror stories about electric atvs from China so only going for gas ones. I would also really, really like a 4x4. Unless you can blow my mind I'll definitely try my best to get one.

Ideally this would have nice grippy tires, good suspension, cushy seat, etc but I'd be willing to replace some of those as well.

So far from my research, this is the best one I've found:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...7e2e1147lRyY90

It's $1100 if you go for the 250cc, it's got 4 wheel drive, and it's not too shabby looking. Nice color scheme too in my opinion.

Summary:
Looking to buy atv, at least 250cc. Would really like a 4x4. Budget $1500 including shipping (usually around $400).

for reading, I hope you have a great day!

Old 06-26-2021, 04:26 PM   #2

You won’t be able to import that yourself and it’s not worth the trouble to try for one unit .Basically it has to be tested for u.s.emmisions (sorry ,just figured that is where “mars” is located )and it’s huge money to do it .
Also ,I seriously doubt you can find any 250cc atv in your stated budget ,let alone a 4x4 one ,you might wish to take a look at Venom motorsports as they sell them ,they are a good dealer ,and you can see what’s available in your price point .There are plenty of extremely shady dealers usually out of the Texas areas that also show a lot of atv models ,if “Mars”is near Texas you might be alright picking one up in person ,but I wouldn’t order anything from them online if you can’t pick it up yourself .
Good luck with your search ,and always search for independent reviews of the seller ,or at least ask us first ,most of the dirt bags are known

Old 06-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #3

Haha, didn't know anyone looked at that so was just fooling around :P
I'm in the New England area.
Also, I know it's more difficult than just buying a name brand atv in the US, but how difficult is it in reality? Even if it is delivered to a port I could easily go and pick it up.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #4

It’s pretty difficult as they won’t let it into the country without the epa certifications ,and to get it certified is many thousands of dollars .

Old 06-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #5

Oof! I read this yesterday and looked around for the rules pricing etc but couldn’t find anything… do you have an official page on this? Thx

Old 06-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #6

Not me ,I am Canadian but know many of the rules to some degree .Member Culcune is always sniffing around for epa stuff ,he could possibly be able to help you out more ,but unless the bikes are approved they are not going to be let into the country .Search the epa site possibly ?

Old 06-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #7

okay, thanks! I’ll send him a pm.

Old 06-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #8

You are in control, not the computer! Enjoy nature (:

Tags
4x4, alibaba, atv, help wanted, newbie