Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #1

Spark issues??

I have the mid size ATV 135D T FORCE..
I PRETTY MUCH REPLACED ALL PARTS-CARB.,SOLENOID,IGNITION COIL,CDI,SPARK PLUG AND STATOR Because it was not getting spark.Did all diagnostics and came to the conclusion it was the stator. So I ordered ONE,received it put on bike and first kept blowing the fuse,put in new blew that fuse too.So I put a bigger fuse in and got all power,at that point had spark,bike started up,but revved up at a high rpm,tried to adjust carb with little improvement, then bike stalled go to start back up with no success, I check plug and now NO SPARK AGAIN AND CHECKED WITH 3 BRAND NEW PLUGS AND ALL THE SAME NO SPARK AS IT WAS BEFORE. Any suggestions on what to check or what to do before I request an exchange on the stator????

Old 03-11-2019, 06:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMAN42 View Post
I have the mid size ATV 135D T FORCE..
I PRETTY MUCH REPLACED ALL PARTS-CARB.,SOLENOID,IGNITION COIL,CDI,SPARK PLUG AND STATOR Because it was not getting spark.Did all diagnostics and came to the conclusion it was the stator. So I ordered ONE,received it put on bike and first kept blowing the fuse,put in new blew that fuse too.So I put a bigger fuse in and got all power,at that point had spark,bike started up,but revved up at a high rpm,tried to adjust carb with little improvement, then bike stalled go to start back up with no success, I check plug and now NO SPARK AGAIN AND CHECKED WITH 3 BRAND NEW PLUGS AND ALL THE SAME NO SPARK AS IT WAS BEFORE. Any suggestions on what to check or what to do before I request an exchange on the stator????
Replace that bigger fuse with the original Amp rating!! You could draw too much current and harm your system. If you keep on blowing fuses there could be a short in your wiring system or you have too many accessories drawing too much current.

If you have a multi meter, start checking the resistance of the wire. Start from your fuse box. Connect the positive lead to it and then you negative lead to the ground of your chassis. You should read a 1 or a OL, that is good. If you read any resistance you have a short somewhere. If you don't have much electrical experience, look up a youtube video. This one look alright, I didn't watch the whole thing though. A test light will also be helpful in the troubleshooting process.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #3

Hi,thanks for replying the original fuse didn't have any amp # stamped chinese! so I have just a 15amp fuse,it has not blown since I put it in..The main problem is that I still have all power to the bike but no spark.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #4

This sounds like one of the safety interlocks sending power to ground. I'm not familiar enough with that ATV to advise on a plan to diagnose.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #5

Id check the remote auto start shutdown box.

Tags
atv