Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2015, 04:38 AM   #1

Skyteam CT70 Clone.... MC-34-125

Hi All,

I purchased a CT70 Clone from powersportsbest.com

Since I couldn't find any actual review on that particular bike and model name, purchased from "powersportsbest.com", I thought I'd do a proper review and report from START to FINISH, with photos and a video when the bike arrives.

The official model from their website is "MC-34-125" and its made by SKYTEAM. I did a bit of research and went with the Skyteam 125cc with the 4-speed manual gear.

Anyways, I purchased the bike on 09 March 2015 and the bike is still in transit. Its in New Orleans terminal (about 2 hours from my house). The freight / trucking company is called "Vision Express".

My initial transaction with "powersportsbest.com" has been quite smooth, professional, and satisfying.

I sent the payment online and the next day, they called me to reconfirm the order and delivery address.

Once I receive the bike, I'll take step-by-step documented photos and will share for those of you that are interested in these CT70 clone bike.

Below is the bike and color I purchased.

Until then........ take care.

Tim

Name:  mc-34-2.jpg
Views: 8337
Size:  64.8 KB

Old 03-18-2015, 04:51 AM   #2

I forgot to mention the price on powersportsbest.com was only $860 USD.

All the other websites are selling the exact same bike for $1,300 - $1,400.

I live in a unique place, so the shipping is kind of expensive, as I was already expecting. My shipping was $240 USD so the total prices is $1,100 USD. Really an excellent sale price.

Here is a photos of the price listed on their site. If you live closer to California, surely your shipping will be much cheaper.

Tim
Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 5861
Size:  33.4 KB

Old 03-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #3

Regarding the bike's actual color scheme..... I'm kind of doubtful that it will come, exactly as the photo shows.... i.e., Black wheels, Black exhaust, Black handlebars, Black forks, etc.

I hope it does, but I'm thinking its gonna come with the typical chromed out look, as I seen all the other bikes on the internet come that way.

Anyways, just something to take note on..... I'll find out soon enough.

Tim

Old 03-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #4

Welcome, Tim!

Love your avatar; do you have an old bus?

I'm quite interested in following your posts on the CT70 clone; I think you made the right choice with a 125cc four speed.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 PM   #5

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1043945&page=2

This is member Bar None on advrider.com Skyteam (scroll to the bottom) in yellow. It is blacked out. Roketa's clones come with blacked out wheels and trim. I think your blue (you can ignore the question I asked you on advider since you answered it here) will be just as nice, but obviously not as bright! I like that blue since it obviously looks like an 'OG' HOnda CT70 from back in the days!

And welcome to here!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-18-2015, 11:29 PM   #6

I went to powersportsmax.com , and if you paid with a money order or cashier's check and got the $180 shipping, you can get this bike to your door for $1005.60--not bad at all!

My only problem would be figuring out which color to get--the yellow is bright and shiny. I like it as Bar None has one in yellow. The white one is not as vanilla as it would seem. The red one is nice, too. But the blue one, like you got, is very traditional 'Honda CT70' maybe circa 197X, and ripe for Honda stickers to look like you are riding an original one!?

I could eliminate black living in the desert and 6 or 11 months out of the year, it is HOT!

The blacked out wheels and trim make them all look great, especially the black one (I would consider the black one if I did not live in the deserts of Arizona)!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #7

Hey Fellas, I received the bike and it's identical to the photo (Blue with Blacked out parts). The bike was already assembled and strapped to a pallet. The cardboard box wrapped around it sort of fell apart during transit I suppose.

Powersportsbest told me they would assemble the bike, test it, then ship it to me...... and it looks like they did, as it had a bit of gas in the fuel tank. I simply put the key in and it started right up with the slightest touch of the starter button. I'm really impressed with the Quality and details in the bike.

Still in the process of making my video for a product review. I'll post it shortly.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #8

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome, Tim!

Love your avatar; do you have an old bus?

I'm quite interested in following your posts on the CT70 clone; I think you made the right choice with a 125cc four speed.
Hi Weldangring, Yes I have 3 vintage VWs. In fact, I dont have a modern car, I just drive my VWs, as daily drivers. Sort of a lifestyle for me. This CT70 clone fits right in with my rides.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #9

You can take your Skyteam with you on camping trips, I would think, inside the bus?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KooKooBean View Post
Hi Weldangring, Yes I have 3 vintage VWs. In fact, I dont have a modern car, I just drive my VWs, as daily drivers. Sort of a lifestyle for me. This CT70 clone fits right in with my rides.
Awesome! I'd love to see them; please feel free to start a thread on your old VW's.

I helped a buddy built a '58 23-window once, and it was a sweet old bus. He bought a rolling pan and a rebuilt motor (from separate sources), and we did everything. We installed a later big-nut trans, a complete wiring harness, an interior, new beltline stainless, everything. I even fabricated jail bars for the corner windows.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-25-2015, 01:27 AM   #11

Looking forward to your riding impressions etc. I am subscribed to this thread!!

Old 03-25-2015, 02:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn View Post
Looking forward to your riding impressions etc. I am subscribed to this thread!!
I'm uploading a video review now on youtube. Will post the video after its done uploading. Are you looking to buy a Skyteam CT70 clone also?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:44 AM   #13

Please make some videos of your bike and your VWs.

/

Old 03-25-2015, 10:25 AM   #14

Thanks for posting the excellent, informative video. If I were in the market for a CT70 clone, I would strongly consider this Skyteam motorcycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #15

Mine is doing just fine.
I brought it to Florida for for the winter along with my Dong Fang hard tail and my Ural sidecar rig.

Last edited by Barnone; 07-13-2019 at 09:15 PM.