Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2022, 12:03 PM   #1

Successful Titan 250 DLX Registration - AL (Some Tips)

Successful registration in Alabama on a Titan 250 DLX. Purchased from Power Sport Max...a few tips.

Pre Courthouse/DMV steps:

1. Take a picture of the bike's VIN plate and keep it (I used my phone). You will need it.

2. I purchased insurance through Geico - $75 a year. Geico couldnt find make, so they just made a custom one, filled in as a Zhejiang 250.

3. Contact Powersports Max and have them send the Bill of Sale and MCO stating that the bike is a "Motorcycle" and NOT "Dirt Bike". The one that comes with the bike says "Dirt Bike". They will send you a new one for free, tell them you want to register the bike. Shout out to the mod JerryHawk for this tip. Also make sure that the Bill of Sale lists the shipping and the bike costs on separate lines.

4. Verify all of your information and the motorcycle information on all of the paperwork is accurate.

While at the Courthouse/DMV:

1. Bring your Bill of Sale, MCO, Picture of VIN, and Proof of Insurance with you.

2. The first thing she asked for was a picture of the VIN Plate. Luckily I took a picture for the insurance company and still had it. The VIN will have issues at the courthouse/dmv because it will not register as "valid" in their system because it wont be able to find the manufacturer. At this point I thought I was gonna be turned away, but she registered it anyway. I think my DMV clerk gave me some grace and just made a custom one.

3. Pay, sign a few docs the clerk presents you with, and walk out of bldg with your tag!

Good luck everyone!

Old 07-05-2022, 10:07 PM   #2

Good show. It'll go much smoother for the next guy since your in the system now

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X