Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2023, 07:05 PM   #1

CSC Motorycle / Warranty Parts

Things happen. My son's 2022 SG250 wouldn't start when he came out from school. He and a Friend put it in the back of a pickup truck and brought it home. My 17 year old son started guessing at the problem. Ya just don't do that with the old man (smile)! I brought out my trusty Digtial Volt Meter (DVM) and we checked battery voltage - good. I found a schematic of the SG250 and we started tracing the start circuit. I also explained to him the Theory of Operation concerning when the Start Motor (Starter) should engage. By removing the seat and the side panels, we found the elusive Start Relay. We had 12 volts for the pilot (low current side), but the coil was not responding and having the high current contacts close. A resistance check (Ohms) of the coil showed is partially opened.

I emailed CSC Motorcycles (Matt) of the situation and he said it sounding like the Start Relay and he would send one under warranty (free). Son and I changed out the Start Relay and we were back in business. Thank you to CSC Motorcycles for honoring the warranty and providing the part with a simple email exchange.

Terry Dransfield

Old 04-04-2023, 07:54 PM   #2

Thats good to here,CSC warranty is spot on. Thanks been thinking of a new bike this year.

Old 04-05-2023, 10:16 AM   #3

Great to hear. They really are the best of the best regarding support, etc. I've had three CSC bikes now (two RX3's and a TT250) and my neighbor had a TT250 (and bought one of my RX3's. Still has it) and both my experience and my neighbors experiences with CSC, has been nothing less than stellar over the years.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350