Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2023, 03:15 PM   #1

Trailmaster TM29

Great bike overall.

Last edited by pca2128; 02-21-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:23 PM   #2

Oh, deleted your post and replaced with Great bike overall. My reply here was posted before you deleted, so I quoted your other post;
https://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30673
My comments may seem ridiculous without the context of your post!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
The vast majority of members buy these bikes to save money.
We all know that there are many assembly issues that they will need to work through, and if they don't have the experience, we try to help. But I am 100% certain that our members will agree on a couple of things... First, a dirt bike will need fixing, even if you buy it from a brick and mortar store. The difference is that you have some warranty if you buy it at a brick and mortar store. And some of the parts that come on them are crap!

We take the risk when we buy a crate bike. Most of us do it because we like to tinker and adjust, replace, fix, or at least are willing to do so, but FULLY expect that it will be needed.

Your expectations are just different. There is just no free lunch. The kid's grandma meant well.

Regarding your first advice to have a "good dirt bike mechanic that works on the Chinese models" make a "get a full inspection and all bolts/nuts properly checked and tightened."... Well, the reason they are in business is because they buy these bikes in a crate and assemble them. THEY take the responsibility, and they add to the sale price to justify their work.

It is nearly impossible to find ANY mechanic willing to take your crate bike (assembled or not), and go through this process after YOU buy the crate bike for a substantial discount.

I still have the original battery in two out of three of my Chinese crate bikes. I replaced the third, becasue the model has no kick starter, and I wanted more CCA. It cost $36, has 80 CCA, got it from Amazon and installed it myself.

I still have the original inner tubes in every wheel/tire on my Chinese dirt bikes, except when I have replaced the tires on three wheels (myself). As long as I have the tire off, I install a heavy duty tube, because I don't like to fix flats! The inner tubes are fine, and in fact, I have patched a couple of holes (thorns) with standard tube patch kits. And they have held.

I guess the bottom line here is that you are preaching to the choir. We all know these things already. We all know that crate bikes need careful assembly by a knowledgeable mechanic. Most of us are good enough to make it work, and/or rely somewhat on each other for some advice!

You would be AMAZED at how the Chinese vendors have responded well to parts arriving damaged, or faulty. They even send parts when the SHIPPER breaks stuff! Really!!! Say what you will about crate bikes and Chinese vendors. Most of the members here recognize the quality, and the potential problems.

Last edited by Thumper; 02-21-2023 at 09:26 PM.

Old 02-21-2023, 08:38 PM   #3

Well said Thumper, couldn't agree more.

Tags
tm29, trailmaster, trailmaster tm29