Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2022, 11:57 AM   #1

I'm looking for a Bluetooth Comm System...

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a Bluetooth Comm System and I ran across this system on TomTop called, "HY-01S Wireless Motorcycle Helmet Headset Intercom".

What I wanted to know is, "Is this any good??? And does anyone have one of these or even use one of these???"

The reason being that I'm thinking about buying one of these units, but I really don't want to waste my money on a piece of junk.

Anyway if anyone has any comments about this system OR if you can recommend another unit, please let me know...

Thanks...

Ride safe and take care...

Joe...

Old 04-14-2022, 07:03 AM   #2

Look into the Sena brand motorcycle hookups. You can get them at Cycle Gear stores. Here's a link to the 'Bluetooth Communications' tab on their website. Looks like they have a lot of great stuff, but Sena is the only one I have any experience with. Let us know what you go with and how it works out!

https://www.cyclegear.com/bluetooth-communicators

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 04-14-2022, 05:51 PM   #3

I got a fodsports m1s plus and really like it so far, 2 pack for me and my wife was 180. But in the end if you ride with a group get what they use for easier compatibility

1975 Honda CB750K
1975 Honda CL360
2020 Lifan KPM200

Old 04-14-2022, 07:25 PM   #4

I've had great luck with this set off of Amazon. We can stay in communication a good 1/4 mile away and they last quite awhile.. or we can sync to our individual phones and just jam to music. Wife said she couldn't tell I was on the bike when I took a call from her: "EJEAS V6 Pro Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Intercom Headset 1200M 2 People Full Duplex Wireless Motorbike Interphone Connect Up to 6 Riders for Motorcycling Skiing and Climbing (2 Pack)"
https://smile.amazon.com/EJEAS-Motor...07C98B7NX?th=1

Old 04-14-2022, 08:31 PM   #5

I've used both sena and cardio systems. the advantage to these is bluetooth. that allows for listening to music as I ride, connected to the phone. also answering calls. Looks like these only have the comm part, which is ok too as long as that's all you need. I'm curious to hear feedback on the quality of these. The problem I see with the EJEAS system posted above appears to be the usefulness of pushing buttons with bulky gloves on.

Let us know what you think of whatever system you end up with.

Old 04-15-2022, 08:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I've used both sena and cardio systems. the advantage to these is bluetooth. that allows for listening to music as I ride, connected to the phone. also answering calls. Looks like these only have the comm part, which is ok too as long as that's all you need. I'm curious to hear feedback on the quality of these. The problem I see with the EJEAS system posted above appears to be the usefulness of pushing buttons with bulky gloves on.

Let us know what you think of whatever system you end up with.
The button pushing is annoying.. but we only press the buttons to get them synced up before the ride. If I'm synced to my phone I do any button pushing on my phone on it's holder. I agree though.. the buttons are tiny.

Old 04-15-2022, 09:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle View Post
The button pushing is annoying.. but we only press the buttons to get them synced up before the ride. If I'm synced to my phone I do any button pushing on my phone on it's holder. I agree though.. the buttons are tiny.
How does it do for noise cancelling?

Old 04-18-2022, 12:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
How does it do for noise cancelling?
I am able to drive around 45 mph and the wife doesn't know that i'm on the bike. I'm not super impressed with the quality of the headphones, but they're definitely good enough. Road for about 4 hours yesterday blaring music the whole time with no issue, and gps updating me along the way.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:53 AM   #9

Ok, first post here to test things out. I have been riding street bikes for quite a while and I have used both Sena and Cardo. It all really depends on what your needs are. If you are riding 2-up and just want to talk to your passenger the cheapo stuff will work just fine. If you want to talk to just one other bike the cheapo will probably do that just fine. Make sure to look at the range. They don't work around corners in canyons. If you want to listen to music and talk with a group of people get a nicer one like Sena or Cardo. I prefer Cardo. I have one with mesh (lets you talk to a large group) It also has much better quality speakers and quite a few other features. You can pair a different brand com with it that doesn't have mesh and then connect to a mesh group to bring that com into the group. When they say noise canceling they don't mean on the helmet speakers part. It is to block out wind and motor noises when you are talking to other people. If you have a noisy helmet (lots of wind noise) don't even bother with music. You will have to turn it up to a deafeningly loud level just to hear it and it won't be very enjoyable. I hope that helps.

Old 12-23-2023, 06:31 PM   #10

I’ve got the Exo-Com setup from Scorpion built into my Scorpion ADV helmet. I love it! I can listen to music thru my phone and talk to my compadres while
I’m riding.

Yak
2014 Ram 1500