Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2021, 03:25 PM   #16

And motorcycle are designed to keep running. If everything is applied correctly even if a thin paper that is supposed to be a filter or a plastic that shapes like a gear that’s supposed to be part of a oil pump or a C-clamp that supposed to hold over 56 Newton Meter of Torque gears align, the fact is if they are equal on level and balance none should break what so ever. Most Chinese manufacturer does hire the best to built their bikes but you also have the “solo I don’t care” copycats that has the the right parts and by that I mean real steel, and real pounds and not cheap metals but have so many customer complaints on every single products they made and every year they tried to reinvent something new and something bigger to say “it’s better than the previous”. That’s who JONWAY is.

Because after all it’s a beautiful piece of work and design, just was built with error which is now built by a pro who understands more than just following a book.

Old 04-17-2021, 03:58 PM   #17

Hey, I just wanted to step in and say, no one is trying to start a fight with you. Wild Dog is in Argentina, and the people there buying Chinese bikes aren't doing it just as a hobby, it is one of the more normal means of conveyance. With that, many distributors in non-western countries actually care to back up their product, because they are the bike of the people, so to speak.

Part of your issues with finding parts is related to the rather haberdash nature of many distributors of Chinese bikes in the US. If even 10% of US transportation was done via Chinese bike, the infrastructure and know how would change dramatically, and even the quality of imported products would be better, as there would be a reputation to uphold, and a large market to cater to.

In the future, if you are looking for parts/need help, we're all in this together, and we're happy to help, even if it's getting an idea of what USDM Japanese bike you need to reference for manuals, etc.

Also, if I could ask for something, more concise and direct posts would be appreciated, your posts tend to ramble and it makes things hard to follow.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:35 PM   #18

First I was looking for high-end bikes other than the ones I’ve owned. Wasn’t really looking was just curious if there were any of others being sold and members here have gotten them. That’s not rambling, that’s on point.

Then the constant reply with those two about knowing Lifan blah blah, that’s rambling being off topic, so I elaborated clearly who’s company is who and the issues. Then they brought up bike’s problem and people not maintaining them, while I clearly elaborated again what makes an engine bad and it’s not actually the person.

Now you reply I’m rambling and being off topic with a different topic of members here being to other countries and about picking fight with me while you don’t see this “ MotoCheeze, sure i can learn one thing or two. Like how not to set the valves lash on a CG engine or how not to change the oil from the forks.” So if this is not a way to show arrogance and disrespect and disregarding someone who’s showing you what the CG230 style bikes are like and the quirks of fixes and sprocket upgrades rather just bashing it out, “you people” are bunch of kids in diapers and playing on the internet.

Why am I even here? And if there are any moderators here doing their jobs they would have replied to this to break all sides even and not even mentioning “ramblings” because that’s another disrespect act towards someone else. Then closes this topic.

How’s that for summing up what you kids are up to plotting in the corner? And I wouldn’t need help or would need parts, it’s the other way around. I don’t depends on something that’s managed by luck meaning based on sarcasms or just plain stupidity of people trying things or people saying something they think is right, I go by facts and my favorite parts, MONEY. If I need help I buy a manual, plain and simple and that’s replying to your “if I need help” because now I have to say that’s replying to whom and what talking to.... NVM my time are worth doing more important things than this, hell even sleeping is better than this no wonder I was there for 1 day and it was last year... now I remembered.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:42 PM   #19

Dude, this is one of the friendliest moto communities on the web, and it's a great resource.

You've turned up giving it the big-I-am, been surly to the point of rude, and have the gall to suggest others are picking fights. Maybe relax, and start over? Nobody gives a shit about your theories on China motorcycle import/export practices. We're all here to enjoy the bikes.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:07 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
Dude, this is one of the friendliest moto communities on the web, and it's a great resource.

You've turned up giving it the big-I-am, been surly to the point of rude, and have the gall to suggest others are picking fights. Maybe relax, and start over? Nobody gives a shit about your theories on China motorcycle import/export practices. We're all here to enjoy the bikes.
Yeah!!!

Old 08-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #21

Right on ,this site rocks

Old 09-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #22

My two cents:

I'm the very satisfied owner of a Benelli TRK 502 since April 2018 (previously had a Zongshen RX3, so find this amazing site!); since then travelled 12500 miles without any issues except for:
1. Erratic idling and stalling, rarely. Fixed at no cost by the vendor: ECU software upgrade officially released by Benelli (the usual too lean from factory issue to pass EPA tests).
2. Excessive buzz coming from the fuel pump. Vendor said it's normal, I don't think so, but so far it worked without any issues.

My trips (vacations, holidays): usually travel 300 to 600miles/day, always with passenger and fully loaded (500lbs), 70% paved roads, 20% gravel country roads, and 10% casual city riding.
On my YouTube channel you'll find some videos travelling through the Patagonia, depicting the kind of roads we face here:

Only the first two services (600mi, and 4000mi) was performed by the vendor; all the remaining was made by myself. No broken parts, only usual serviceable replacements as tires, chain/sprockets, and a suspicious rear wheel bearing.
Recently checked the valves lash and all they are under acceptable ranges.

So far I'm very very satisfied with the performance: exceeds my driving needs and capabilities, price/performance ratio is outstanding, and is extremely comfortable for long rides.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Martins.
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)

Old 09-09-2021, 12:38 AM   #23

Looks like you are getting plenty of use out of the Chinese-Italian beauty! I will catch your videos on YouTube.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2021, 07:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Looks like you are getting plenty of use out of the Chinese-Italian beauty!
As much as I can, buddy!

Some years ago I had concerns about chinese built motorcycles, mostly because the usual "chinese=garbarge" motto (wich is true in many cases, unafortunately).
Previously had the unsatisfactory experience of buying another Honda (Storm 125 2009), after two decades of my previous one (Nighthawk 250cc 1991): discovered that Honda, at least on this low-end segment, leaved this well-known japanese quality reputation and only put his sticker (and overprice) on bikes poorly built by a chinese factory.

On 2015 had the chance to try a Zongshen RX3, in a carburetor version rebranded by an argentinean local vendor, and like it so much!
So then found this site and it´s RX3 section amazingly supported by fellows as SpudRider, KatFlap, any many other honest and sincere users who shared lots af experiences and good advices.
That gave me enough confidence and knowledge about how to expect and to not; after a year of "online research" and money saving finally decided to buy one: rode 12000mi on different types of roads, and it was a wonderful experience. After 2 years and looking for a more capable bike (seats and cargo space, because always rode with my wife as passenger and all our stuff) in 2018 could afford my actual Benelli TRK 502, which has these requirements and a price tag within my reach; it is another chinese bike, but with "italian parfum"

Once again, made my research: by then wasn´t sold nor Europe nor America but had 1 year of sales in some places of Asia, becoming very popular there and having lots of good comments from the users.

So buyed mine, and after 14000mi I´m very satisfied with it´s performance.

Kindest regards,

Juan Carlos Martins.
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)

Old 05-29-2022, 10:11 PM   #25

Hey why don't you use your own site, nothing there any how.

Old 05-30-2022, 12:46 PM   #26

They are selling big KTM clones in southeast Asia. Its just a matter of time before they are offered here.
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...oming%20months.

Old 05-30-2022, 01:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
They are selling big KTM clones in southeast Asia. Its just a matter of time before they are offered here.
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...oming%20months.
According to the article, KTM is moving its production to China. These are not clones, they are KTM branded. Says a lot about their confidence in Chinese manufacturing. And of CFMoto as well. It appears that the CFMoto 650 Adventura is the Kawasaki Versys 650 motor. Not sure if both motors are made in Japan, China, or one of each.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 05-31-2022, 11:19 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
About your channel, i don't know it. In fact i had no idea you had one.
Leave a link, so we can see it.

I'm guessing CHINA Motorsports based on thumbnails compared to pics posted here, writing style, and description of the Lycan issue.

{Edit: would also explain the username: CHIna MOTorsports}

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Last edited by fratermus; 05-31-2022 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added more info

Old 05-31-2022, 03:36 PM   #29

The guy's nuttier than squirrel turds... Also, for the video on the drive belt install, check out his slave cylinder mounting for the hydraulic clutch. The whole cylinder mounting isn't supposed to move when the clutch is pulled. I imagine it will break soon.