View Poll Results: Would you attend?
I'd consider it 4 25.00%
I'd definitely make an effort to make it 3 18.75%
Only if it's close 9 56.25%
nah...better things to do 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #1

National Event?

has there ever been an attempt to get a large gaggle of china bikes together at an event, either something regional or larger????

Old 03-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #2

I am going to suggest Deerfield Beach, Florida.

/

Old 03-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #3

Chanute, Kansas. Center of the U.S.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #4

Volcano? Weather's nice! Plenty of parking and camp spots!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-03-2016, 05:14 PM   #5

I like the "Center of the U.S." idea, some might have travel ocean to ocean... and back again for the event ... another plus is I'm only 750 miles from Chanute lol

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #6

Thumbs Up

OZARKS in ARKANSAS, nationally acclaimed riding!!! Look it up:}
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #7

If Dallas was chosen... RPS, Taotao, Coolster, Kandi, Trailmaster, and Dongfang all have warehouses here.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:07 PM   #8

well, it would have to be hear some good riding too. I know a lot of groups target Arkansas because of the great roads. what do the Ozarks have to offer for off-road riding?

Old 03-04-2016, 04:40 AM   #9

Thumbs Up

you can practically ride the whole northwest /northcentral of the state "offroad", i.e county dirt roads. scenic as hell.some can be a bit challenging but almost all will match up favorably w anything u can think of. numerous off road parks, national parks, and state parks. Even have the sand dunes just across the state line in Oklahoma. AND, you can even go dig for real diamonds for free in the local state diamond park.! lol
Check out the Buffalo river, The assortment of fish filled lakes, the white water stuff near Ponca and the easily located elk herds (these are the Big elk). Plus, add in Branson just a few miles north and you have a heckufa reasonably priced vacation.
For off highway stuff this is a heck of a riding area and a lot more. cheap too:}
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-04-2016, 05:20 AM   #10

They have a huge sand dune in Wyoming too called:

"Killpecker Sand Dunes"

Looks like a fun place (not for a event/gathering, more like a day trip with the fam ), I might plot a nice quiet ride down that way for me and the Mrs. after we get a second moto for her to ride.

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:56 AM   #11

I think a ride like this would be most appropriate https://rideapart.com/articles/motorcycle-cannonball rather than a gathering. 102 years ago, a guy set off from San Diego, and 11 days later, made it to the east coast on a motorcycle. Chinese bikes have to be a little better than bikes from 102 years ago?! There has been a growing interest in this run since the 100 year anniversary, as the photos show, especially with vintage bike enthusiasts. The thread on advrider about the father/son riding from San Francisco to New York on small displacement Chinese bikes (father on a 125cc DAX replica, son on 150cc BMS scooter) is also inspiration. They did their ride on back roads, and as we are always paranoid of sustained interstate or freeway speeds, perhaps back roads are in order for a Chinese bike cannonball run, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #12

an experience/ride like that is on my bucket list to do some day. even if just taking one of my other bikes cross country.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:35 PM   #13

i never have time to go to rides or car shows, things like that ... working 6 days a week on night shift does not leave much time for anything, but if any of you are ever in central illinois, i would love to ride with you guys

Old 03-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #14

I could see a run being similar to Hot Rod's Powerun-they start on the west coast, and cruise through cities picking up people on the way, or people not able to make the run simply enjoy the show when all the cars roll into town. There would be a few who could start off west (or east, but I am closer to the west, so that is the way I envision it), and ride through a predetermined route to somewhere east (or west...). Those that cannot make the long ride could ride to meet up with the pack, or those that happen to live along the route could spring for beer once the pack passes through (ok, no one would be obligated to buy beer )

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-06-2016, 09:17 AM   #15

I think regional China events could be well attended. I don't think a lot of China Scoot/Motorcycle pilots will ride or haul their machine across several states to this kind of event. Maybe east coast, west coast and central locations. It would be great for parts and accessory vendors too.