Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2016, 12:15 AM   #331

Figure out which end of the hinge had the knurled end of the pin; probably the end closest to the end of the case. Put the new pin in the other way, smooth end first. It should just slide in until you get to the knurl. a couple of taps with a hemmer should seat it.
The reason for putting it in the other way is so you will have fresh material gripping the knurls.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:20 AM   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRider View Post
Glue shouldn't be necessary as it's a friction fit. It's likely that any glue applied would be wiped off as the pin is hammered in.
However , it fell out once for a reason. A little insurance, right?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #333

smooth side first worked. omg it was so tight i had to hammer it in. I can't believe the darn thing fell out, now seeing how tight the fit is. weird!

thanks guys! i didn't use any glue.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:02 PM   #334

I'll cheat a bit here...not what I did today but what I did this past weekend. There is a rally in the mountains of Virginia, put on by the Twin Valley Riders, and I have gone for the past few years. It's a hoot, in an area of great riding, and they have fantastic food. This year I rode the Zong. It's 300 miles each way. I won't bore you with the route numbers, suffice to say I was on US or state highways all the way. Think 55-60 mph. The bike ran like a top and I enjoyed myself. Of course I had to cope with the mountains as I got out west. At times I had to gear down to 4th just to stay anywhere near a legal speed...not a big deal. At the rally site I parked in a line of BMWs. My bike has a rondel on one side (the other one fell off) so most folks walked by, did a double take, and came back to ask 'what in the hell is that?". I must have explained to 30 different people about the goodness of Zong. Most got it, some never will. Bottom line: CSC will be getting a bunch of hits on their web site!

I checked the oil temp from time to time. The dash said I had 4 bars most of the time. My IR thermometer indicated 205F so I'm close to boiling any junk out of the crankcase. I do not have any liquid in the OSC tube (That may be leaking because I can get a trace of gasoline smelly liquid when I run my finger by the tube). At any rate, the bike ran great. I will note that on the highway the engine noise gets to be a bother. I think it's intake noise rather than exhaust because the level is directly related to throttle position, not engine speed. After 300 miles I found myself to be really tired, something I'd never seen with my other (larger) bikes.

On the way home I passed through Danville, Virginia. The Tank Museum is located there. It was closed on Sunday (only open on Friday and Saturday) but if you
have any interest in tanks or artillery this is mecca. He has about 120 pieces on display, all in a huge warehouse.
The upgraded brake is worth what it cost! Seriously, that upgrade took a big load off my mind. Now the darn bike will STOP.

Peter Y.

Last edited by pyoungbl; 09-18-2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #335

Good day to all! Maybe I was supposed to write this question in another topic, but I hope I will get the answer here. I drove nearly 600 miles last Saturday at an average speed near of 75 miles per hour. When the air temperature to 44 degrees Fahrenheit, it felt like 17 degrees Fahrenheit in the rain and at speed.
So I want to install on my motorcycle heated handles for me and for the passenger. (Passenger froze less than I am, but she complained of a cold). Therefore, I have a question. Will generator withstand the extra load in the 60-70 watts?

Old 09-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #336

Rus, you should not have any problems with 60-70 watts of extra draw. I have powered a heated liner that draws that much. Just to be careful you might want to add a volt meter to your bike. On most motorcycles the alternator does not start charging until the engine gets up to 3500 rpm. Our Zongs have to run well above that just to get away from a stop!

Peter Y.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #337

CSC sells heated grips for the RX3: http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/HEATED...p/csc-1556.htm. The bike pulls something like 160 watts with normal use and with it's 'generator'/stator able to put out 300w you will be fine. Depends on what other accessories you might also have on the bike like aux lights, usb plugs, etc. You should add any of those up to get the available. Nice bit of information here on the RX3's electrical system: http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=15503

Old 09-19-2016, 05:44 PM   #338

Thanks for answers! I think the install such as the image on the handle of the driver and the passenger handles. I envy that you have warm weather. First snow fall in some places in Russia. I will leave the bike for the winter in the garage or twist studs in the tires)

Old 09-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
CSC sells heated grips for the RX3: http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/HEATED...p/csc-1556.htm. The bike pulls something like 160 watts with normal use and with it's 'generator'/stator able to put out 300w you will be fine. Depends on what other accessories you might also have on the bike like aux lights, usb plugs, etc. You should add any of those up to get the available. Nice bit of information here on the RX3's electrical system: http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=15503
300watts is only the us bikes not sure what the other imports are but I'm pretty sure they are lower output

Old 09-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #340

Thank you all! The manual says that the power of 200 W, but I do not believe the instructions 100%. Instructions for the Russian lying largely. So far, I will proceed from the fact that the battery is installed on a motorcycle on 12 volts and 20 ampere fuse. Those. We get the critical power of 240 watts for me.
Тhen the question: is motorcycle actually consumes 160 watts when operating in standard mode without any additional load?

Old 09-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #341

Bash plate mods

We have a couple rainy days to justify shop time so I adjusted the valves on my trusty Zong. This was also an opportunity to modify the CSC aluminum bash plate. Taking a cue from this forum I reversed the front mounting bolts so the nuts will now be facing the front wheel and thus easier to work with. This turned out to be a super easy mod:

Then I cut down the top part of the bash plate so it can be rotated enough to change the oil.
So here's the end product. I might go back to the band saw and chop off just a tad more metal so the plate will rotate a few more degrees. Still, this is a much better situation than having to remove the plate each time I want to do an oil change.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #342

So the cutouts allow you to swing down the skidplate for service? Bottom two mounts just rotate in place?? Very cool

Old 09-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC View Post
So the cutouts allow you to swing down the skidplate for service? Bottom two mounts just rotate in place?? Very cool
Nope, the bottom two mounts are disconnected, the skidplate pivots down but is still connected near the exhaust valves. It would be very easy to just take the plate off completely now that the nuts are so easy to get to.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:49 PM   #344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rus View Post
Thank you all! The manual says that the power of 200 W, but I do not believe the instructions 100%. Instructions for the Russian lying largely. So far, I will proceed from the fact that the battery is installed on a motorcycle on 12 volts and 20 ampere fuse. Those. We get the critical power of 240 watts for me.
Тhen the question: is motorcycle actually consumes 160 watts when operating in standard mode without any additional load?
The 160 watts for operating is fuel injection. If you have the carburetor then there is no fuel pump and other things that use amps.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:56 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
We have a couple rainy days to justify shop time so I adjusted the valves on my trusty Zong. This was also an opportunity to modify the CSC aluminum bash plate. Taking a cue from this forum I reversed the front mounting bolts so the nuts will now be facing the front wheel and thus easier to work with. This turned out to be a super easy mod:
Good cutting down the skid plate so it will rotate. I like that a lot.

Also, I tried to do reverse the front mounting bolts, but was not successful. I put a socket underneath and hit the top of the bolt with a hammer, but they just wouldn't budge. Any tips?

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol