Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #1

DaBoostCreep's Vbike V4SW Thread

Very much like Universal_Diver's thread this one will have tons of pictures, and video. I hope this thread helps others in making good decisions regarding what to buy! Enjoy!

For now Flickr is hosting the pictures and the video.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36140516@N07/

Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #2

I just wanted to be the first to reply to your new thread. I have been following your progress and it has been fun. Can't wait for more pics.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #3

Nice!! They oughta feature them in a Doublemint commercial!

The blue one is really sharp! Too bad they hadn't put the green motor in the blue bike- don't they know that blue and orange[gold] clash? [In a Thurston Howell III voice]: "How dreadful! The cretins!".

These things are unbelievable for the price, eh?

I blew away my neighbor today, who was on his 500cc Polaris!

Good luck with 'em, and keep the pics and vids coming!

BTW: Your voice sounds so familiar- did you used to do motorcycle vlogs or something? I know I've heard that voice before...

Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
I just wanted to be the first to reply to your new thread. I have been following your progress and it has been fun. Can't wait for more pics.
I look forward to making many more videos, hopefully some helpful ones. I have purchased some PZ30 (30MM carbs) to replace the 27mm ones currently run on these. I need to rejet the PZ30's to somewhere in the 120 main jet range I think, and swap on one to try it. If the PZ30 on my 200CC enduro runs a 98 stock, I assume a 250cc motor will use 120+

Something to note: 200CC enduro = 30mm carb / 250CC ATV = 27mm carb CAN WE SAY MORE POWER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
These things are unbelievable for the price, eh?

I blew away my neighbor today, who was on his 500cc Polaris!

Good luck with 'em, and keep the pics and vids coming!

BTW: Your voice sounds so familiar- did you used to do motorcycle vlogs or something? I know I've heard that voice before...
Yes, very good for the $. I'm contemplating buying a second one for myself. Problem is I can only get 2 and a dirtbike on my trailer.

Ok..so I havent had a chance to get these out yet....you say the 250 V4SW is faster than a 500CC Polaris????

I haven never done any videos before, so maybe just a familiar type of voice? Like I said though, I really intend to take many more pics, and make many more videos.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
...you say the 250 V4SW is faster than a 500CC Polaris????.
Well...it's a heavy, old, 4x4 Polaris. (Still felt good leaving it in the dust with a 250 Chinky quad! )

Old 03-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #6

Ok, so I need to get a baseline to start with in regards to jetting the PZ30s on a 250cc China motor. Anyone know stock jetting on a 250 with a PZ30?

Old 03-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #7

I'd put the carb on and just see how it runs with what's in it. Check the spark plug and exhaust..play around with the adjustments- and then you can get an idea of what needs to be done. You don't want to end up turning the 30 into the same thing as the 27.......

Unless somebody's done this exact mod to this exact engine, I'd say you're just gonna have to experiment.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #8

Yeah I thought about simply putting it on and seeing what happens. I just have a feeling that carb is going to be on and off half a dozen times or more.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #9

Dont know if it is the same or not but my Hibird 250 has a pz30 on it and it came with a 105 jet. After hogging out the pipe a bit and deleting the stock air box and replaceing the filter with a cone type, it seems to be happy with a jet 2 sizes bigger. think it was a 110.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #10

Thank you very much. I actually have a 110 and a 115 here. The 115 is going into my 200CC enduro which has a muffler with a removed rectum.....ahaha, and a foam filter.

I think the 110 will be put in the ATV when the PZ30 goes on it. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #11

I'm a bit disappointed. I called Tim first thing Monday AM< approximately 11am his time. He said he would ship the replacement clutch cable for the quad. I called him yesterday and he said he didnt ship it until Wednesday. I waited for it to come today via USPS, and nothing showed. So it has now been 1 week since taking delivery of the quad without riding it. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #12

I'm waiting for Tim to send me a new rear brake system (I mailed the original one back to him)- I've been riding this baby for a week now...and don't know what it is to have rear brakes!!

(((Before buying, Tim said he stocks almost all the parts for these bikes. Now that I need something, he says he doesn't have it in stock...... Ah well...small price to pay for...such a small price for an awesome ATV!)))

I'm still in awe- I love this v4sw!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #13

Same thing again today....no clutch cable. If he shipped it on Weds like he said via USPS Priority Mail it would have arrived now...as its been 3 days for them to deliver. I'm getting pissed. Not to mention I had to pickup the quads, which he agreed to refund the $75 residential delivery charge, but havent seen it yet either!

Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
Same thing again today....no clutch cable. If he shipped it on Weds like he said via USPS Priority Mail it would have arrived now...as its been 3 days for them to deliver. I'm getting pissed. Not to mention I had to pickup the quads, which he agreed to refund the $75 residential delivery charge, but havent seen it yet either!
Nothing new on this yet? Really sucks you had an issue.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #15

Wow! I'd say this is not the norm for Tim. Isent my rear brake system back to him last Monday and got it back "repaired" yesterday(this Monday).

Trouble is...it still doesn't work and is going back again....this time he'll send a new system.

That and a little carb issue are the only problems I am having- and normally I'd be annoyed- but when I think of how much the big-name bikes cost (and they're by no means perfect), I'm willing to go through a little hassle, 'cause if it weren't for these China cheapies...I wouldn't be riding!