Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2021, 01:39 PM   #1

NC troubles...

My husband went to register his DLX Hawk EFI at the local DMV. We purchased insurance, at a great rate from Geico $70 for the year, we have the title & Bill of Sale. They refused to let us register the Motorcycle because on the "Bill of Sale" under the description it states "Dirt Bike". The person said it must state "Motorcycle" on the Bill of Sale. Even though the Title states Motorcycle & our Insurance company states Motorcycle, they refused. Now, we are waiting for a return call to get a new Bill of Sale so we can register.

On a positive my husband's Title came in the mail 1 day after receiving the bike. Me on the other hand have been waiting 4 weeks for my title for my X-Pect. Already have those calls taken care of & will see how much longer for my title & if any problems registering my bike

Old 04-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #2

Contact the dealer and have them reissue the bill of sale with Motorcycle on it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-22-2021, 05:39 PM   #3

We did contact them but since we ordered from Amazon now we have to contact through Amazon. Makes no sense to me.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:38 PM   #4

You should have received an MCO. (Motorcycle Certificate of Origin) if it was a new bike. is that what you were referring to as "bill of sale"? I had trouble getting mine registered here in NC. Where are you located? others that live in more rural areas have not had the same problems registering theirs. it might be worth it to travel a county or two away to see if you get lucky and they accept it.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:41 PM   #5

We are in Onslow County. The closest DMV is in Pender. They were fine issuing a new Bill of Sale with "motorcycle" on it. According to the DMV it is the State of NC that gives these smaller registration sites grief over the "motorcycle" issue. I did get my title for the X-pect in the mail & the Bill of Sale states Motorcycle so now we should have no problem getting both registered.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #6

We have finally been able to register both bikes in NC. My Husband's Hawk is the issue, took a good 1/2 hour for the teller helping him to find the correct "make/series". Said the Hawk has never been registered in NC which we already knew was not the case. After many phone calls she found that she had to put "Lian" instead of the correct spelling. My Lifan x-Pect is under "Qipa".