Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #16

Strange system.....too many people living in California man...this article said any vehicle without a c or 3 as 8th digit gets a green sticker??

http://www.trailsandwheels.com/greensticker.html

My only question is..does the bike pass CARB standards or not?
If it does then it should be legal.....nuff said.....maybe Jay Leno should save some air for the rest of ya and pawn off his rides to some of the oxygen breathing states...... and when is CARB going to put blame on Britney Spears for some of the air pollution problems, I mean for god sake, shes a resident right.lolyou remember that part in Total Recall where Arnie falls and smashes his helmet on that mars rock and his eyes start popping out his head and shi&....classic!!! :oops:

Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #17

CARB is certification above and beyond EPA certification. It is a certificate issued to a manufacturer alowing them to sell bikes in California. They have to be submitted to be tested for cert., not just based on VIN #'s.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #18

Ohhh..can they only be submitted to the manufacturer, what about a private seller??
What if Joe Blow wanted to sell his bike from one of the 49 legal states to a Cali resident could he apply for CARB cert or get the bike tested? :?:

Old 05-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #19

says somewhere in this link
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deput...Dealer_FAQ.doc

...that Delivery invoices, window stickers, bills of lading, etc. can also contain info that the bike is CARB...

your bikes Shineray right....?

I spoke by email to this dude and he seems pretty cool, send him your vin# and pics of the bike etc... and Im sure he can tell you if its CARB, he can then prob get you something to certify that it is and you can show it to the DMV.....or shove it up their a$$es!

steven@shineray.com

Old 05-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Ohhh..can they only be submitted to the manufacturer, what about a private seller??
What if Joe Blow wanted to sell his bike from one of the 49 legal states to a Cali resident could he apply for CARB cert or get the bike tested? :?:
No, only by a manufacturer, just like federal EPA certification.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #21

Quote:
and Im sure he can tell you if its CARB, he can then prob get you something to certify that it is and you can show it to the DMV.....or shove it up their a$$es!

steven@shineray.com
'Absolut's' Shineray is CARB legal--he can get a "green sticker" which allows him to use his bike 365 days a year--off-road only. Calif. actually states somewhere that bikes have to be stickered (red or green) to be operated on private property (again, where you see sellers stating that they will not ship a bike to California).

It's the on-road part that is difficult. Some dealers have figured out the loophole, and thus you can get a Qlink XF200 on the road plated through a certain dealer, and another dealer has some of the other brands of GY bikes that they can get plated (i.e. 'Liverchip's' X-Motos something or another)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #22

What color sticker is needed for on road-use???
And what your saying is there are different standards for off an on road motorcycles right?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #23

Quote:
What color sticker is needed for on road-use???
And what your saying is there are different standards for off an on road motorcycles right?
No sticker for on-road, just deemed allowed on road--most likely another hurdle to get over, but some dealers seem to get green sticker bikes plated.

I'm guessing that the CARB gets to play California DOT, too, and deem a bike (brand of bike that is) that would get a green sticker, plated too. I'm not sure of this part, but I think a plated bike is automatically considered "green" stickered if the owner wanted to ride off-road, such is the purpose of dual-sports. If it wasn't granted an assumed green sticker just by the plate, then an owner would most likely get it registered for a "green" off-road sticker virtually automatically.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #24

This bike has become such a headache.

I'm not going to sue this jabrone over $900.

The bikes paperwork in in WA with a friend, he 'bought' the bike and is getting plated in WA for the next year, even though it's still in my garage (shhh)
After 9 months or a year or so I will 'buy' it back and take it to the DMV and show them my used, out of state purchased, 49 state legal bike with 8,000 miles on the Trail Tech Vapor speedo unit. I'm almost 100% certain I will have a plated CA bike. Maybe.

I'm going to keep the green sticker on it so it looks legal when I take it into the hills around my house, but I really won't have much time to ride it because....

08 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

No problems registering it at all