Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #361

Thanks guys!😊

Old 10-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideabout View Post
Thanks guys!😊
I'm imagining removing the existing graphics and replacing with CSC & Zongshen badges & graphics. If folks ask, simply mumble something about testing a prototype.

Insert deep throaty chuckle.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #363

Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
I'm imagining removing the existing graphics and replacing with CSC & Zongshen badges & graphics. If folks ask, simply mumble something about testing a prototype.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-02-2016, 03:26 AM   #364

rtking, thanks ! It's hard emotionally. I feel that I played out after departure. Children do not have enough positive emotions and communication with adults

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post

Good idea My friend replaced the sticker on the BMW stickers. He tells everyone that this is a new model BMW. Stickers Minsk (M1NSK) in Russian surprise others. Minsk is the old Soviet brand, such as the Ural. And it looks like Harley Davidson stickers on the Yamaha R1

A bit of bad news for me. The return spring is out of order. So I have to put the motorcycle on its side and again a little disassemble the engine tomorrow. I am glad that there is a replacement spring from the old bent gearshift shaft comp.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #365

I replaced the return spring, and 1.5 liters of oil ohlazhdayuuyu liquid. Chip spring was discovered on the magnetic a stopper.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #366

That sucks ! ,

good to know that the broken bit sank to the bottom without causing damage.

I have read about a few RX3 owners in China having the return spring break, so a while back, I ordered a spare.

I'm hoping I will never have to use it.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:27 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
That sucks ! ,

good to know that the broken bit sank to the bottom without causing damage.

I have read about a few RX3 owners in China having the return spring break, so a while back, I ordered a spare.

I'm hoping I will never have to use it.
The same breakdown was at my friend from Belarus.

If you happen to damage the same and you want to do to replace the spring, you will need to clutch puller, about 1.3-1.5 liters of oil, about 1 liter of coolant.

1) Wash the bike, gear shift pedal and the entire right side of the crankcase.
2) Remove the gearshift pedal
3) Remove a piece of the exhaust pipe between the engine and muffler. (Without this it will be extremely difficult to remove the right half of the crankcase)
5)Remove the brake pedal
6) Drain the cooling liquid through the drain bolt. Remove the pump and drain the remaining liquid from it and branch pipe. (If drained into the container carefully, you can use it again. In this case, should be poured through a filter just in case. For example gauze)

7) Drain the oil. (If I took into account my mistakes, I would use the oil again, passing through the filter. It 1000 miles to regular oil change I)
8) Carefully put the bike on its left side. (This will keep the remaining engine oil in the left half crankcase)
9) Remove all the bolts securing the right side of the crankcase of the engine to the chassis and remove it. Remove the clutch plates. Remove the clutch basket. (I sincerely hope that you have ustroёstvo removal rate for the clutch basket or Pneumatic wrench)
10) Pull the shift rod and replace the failed spring.
11) The assembly is going in reverse. Do not forget to top up after assembly oil and coolant.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #368

Rus,

Thanks for the detailed instructions,

excellent

Old 10-05-2016, 07:31 PM   #369

I rode it about 200 miles, some nice country farm roads, some interstate, some hard packed dirt.

The engine is loosening up nicely past the 1k mark, and a short interstate jog saw 87mph indicated on the speedo. Speeds from 50-65 were just wonderful, as it is a comfortable bike with good wind protection.

I do have 2 questions, the USB charging port doesn't seem to have enough huevos to charge my cell phone, the charging indicator goes on/off, and with my helmet headset, the chime associated with this is aggravating. Does anyone else have this problem? If I wouldve known, I'd have spent 6 bucks on one and wired it myself, not $100 from CSC.

2. I'm running the Kenda 270's. What tire pressure are you all running, as mine felt squirrely on dirt and street. I weigh about 160, and had no other loads on the bike, other than a full bladder at one point (thus, the detour onto the dirt roads).

I am liking the bike, and am quite happy that it CAN run on the interstate at 70-72 mph without issue. Everywhere else it was just really really nice. I forgot I don't need 130 hp (like my previous bike) to run back roads. I even had some nice comments about the bike while fueling up. It really is a nice looking machine.

**Afterthought, i was thinking about putting on my 13 T sproket. What will this do to top end speed vs rpm? I live at sea level, and dont want to lower my cruising speed from say 74 to 65 or so.

Last edited by AdventureDad; 10-06-2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: misspelled word.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #370

Three days after Rus posted his excellent instructions on replacing a broken shift return spring, I think mine just broke. Riding along enjoying my RX3 when suddenly, after making a normal shift, the shift lever just drooped and would not return to mid position. Nursed the bike home in third. Going to contact CSC today to find what parts I may need. I am past the labor and parts part of the warranty. At least I was not stranded in Ohio!

Old 10-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #371

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
Three days after Rus posted his excellent instructions on replacing a broken shift return spring, I think mine just broke. Riding along enjoying my RX3 when suddenly, after making a normal shift, the shift lever just drooped and would not return to mid position. Nursed the bike home in third. Going to contact CSC today to find what parts I may need. I am past the labor and parts part of the warranty. At least I was not stranded in Ohio!

It would be funny if it were not sad. To change gears with a break you need to release the clutch handle, gently return the gearshift lever to the middle position again, squeeze the clutch and shift gears. It's tiring, but it allows you to go to the desired gear. As I understand, you have its warranty period. It's good. We have no guarantees and support from Minsk and zongshen.

Old 10-06-2016, 08:56 PM   #372

Shifting band aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
Over the decades I've had a few return springs break. I found that by running a bungee from the toe post to something forward and as straight as possible, I was able to shift nearly normal until getting home or some place to do the replacement.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #373

Met my friend and infrequent riding buddy today. Me on the RX3, him on his newly updated KTM 690 with the Rallye kit. (AWESOME bike, btw). Headed through some backroads to the DeSoto Natl Forest here in Mississippi. There is a 2 track ATV area with miles and miles of trails, and offshoots. Sand, roots, rocks, dirt, heat, and humidity.

First off, he is a much, much better rider than me, on a much much more competent bike. We won't go there, but he did ride my RX3, and liked it. Said it was smooth, geared too high, but well built. Something we all know. The bike did great on the trails, it took every single thing I threw at it, just more slowly than a dirt bike or small enduro. I actually preferred it to my departed DR650 for manueverabilty and lower seat height. I'd have dumped it for sure on a taller bike as I have a 30" inseam.

The bike did just outstanding. Sure, I'm putting on the 13t sproket next, but really that's about it. The Kenda 270's hooked up almost as good as the Shinko 244's (I prefer those) the skidplate took a few hits, I bottomed it out a few times, but it's an ADV bike, not an enduro. I'd have felt perfectly comfortable on the trails had I been loaded with gear. It's nimble, quick enough, and can still cruise at 70 on the backroads, or hwy's of America (or your country of choice).

At the end of the day, nothing broke, rattled loose, and all it needed was a wash. I really, really like this bike the more I ride it.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #374

Great story AD! Yep...the more you ride it, the better it becomes.

What did I do to my RX3 today? I stared at it.....
I've finally been released by the Dr to ride....so I thought, "I'll cut my chain off, put on the new Unibear 520 non-o-ring chain and take her for a burn!"

I immediately whipped out the Dremel and cut off the stocker, opened the new chain box (noticing the box had been taped shut), pulled out the high quality Unibear (noticing that the plastic bag had been slit).....and what else do I notice? No master link........ AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Since the stocker has no master link, I couldn't even steel it from there....and do you think I'd have a spare 520 ML in my stash? Oh no....just a couple 428's.

So yes, I stared at it. Man....it's already been a long 5 weeks benched. At least I can ride Q!

The good part? Unibear has a link on the way, no questions asked.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
The good part? Unibear has a link on the way, no questions asked.
What, they wouldn't FAX or e-mail it to you?