Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #1

Looking for Hawk/Magician engine

Trying to avoid the $499.99 price tag and giving my money to TXPowersports/Q9Powersports who seem to be the only supplier of complete Hawk/Magician engines and the reason I need one in the first place..

I'll pay the shipping and whatever you want for it you just have to box it up and send it.. I'm in NC I can come to GA, NC, SC, TN, and VA to pick it up in hours too..

Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #2

What happen to your original engine?

Old 10-23-2018, 06:53 AM   #3

I suppose a Lifan 200 would bolt right in. Probably not much difference in power output.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
What happen to your original engine?
Q9 sent me a used Magician with stuff in the brake master cylinders and engine and dodged the "engine parts warranty" when I contacted them about the engine having no compression as a result.. That's not even half what was wrong with it but I paid out of pocket to fix the other stuff already..

Old 10-24-2018, 09:09 PM   #5

That's screwed up. It sounds like a Manny establishment. He is famous for messing over people and screwing them out of money, parts, and motorcycles.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Trying to avoid the $499.99 price tag and giving my money to TXPowersports/Q9Powersports who seem to be the only supplier of complete Hawk/Magician engines and the reason I need one in the first place..

I'll pay the shipping and whatever you want for it you just have to box it up and send it.. I'm in NC I can come to GA, NC, SC, TN, and VA to pick it up in hours too..
You are better off with a CB engine, GPX or Pitster Pro sell them.
Or anything CB or CG will fit in the mounts of your bike and maybe a carb change and manifold change needed and exhaust may need a tweek

Old 10-27-2018, 09:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
You are better off with a CB engine, GPX or Pitster Pro sell them.
Or anything CB or CG will fit in the mounts of your bike and maybe a carb change and manifold change needed and exhaust may need a tweek
The CGC head has better casting and machining and fits on the Hawk/Magician cylinder head(even the top-mount geometry). I don't know about the engine mounts on the split-case.

I do plan on putting the TT250 head on it after I get it back running regardless.. Right now I'm getting a free stock head from another user to see if the piston is still good enough to save the engine already on it, but have went ahead with hunting another whole engine just in case.

My pushrods and fastener hardware are the only things I'm saving from the original head so hopefully just a head swap will suffice.. Especially since I've yet to find another source for a Hawk/Magician complete engine..

BTW I don't care if the engine has miles on it. Mine will be used for a 3x2 mile 45MPH commute and going to the local store.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #8

Quote:
The CGC head has better casting and machining and fits on the Hawk/Magician cylinder head(even the top-mount geometry). I don't know about the engine mounts on the split-case.

I do plan on putting the TT250 head on it after I get it back running regardless.. Right now I'm getting a free stock head from another user to see if the piston is still good enough to save the engine already on it, but have went ahead with hunting another whole engine just in case.

My pushrods and fastener hardware are the only things I'm saving from the original head so hopefully just a head swap will suffice.. Especially since I've yet to find another source for a Hawk/Magician complete engine..

BTW I don't care if the engine has miles on it. Mine will be used for a 3x2 mile 45MPH commute and going to the local store.
I can supply all the engine and parts - just DHL shiping doesn't please everyone and on these bikes it is all piennies etc.
CG and CB all fit in the same engine mounting areas.

Biggest cc is CB250 with a 72mm piston making 249.9cc (I blelieve but need to confirm fit all frames)
Next is the 232.6cc and they 100% fit all the air cooled frames

CG I have heard of a 300cc air cooled kit and there are for Trikes a 300cc water cooled motor
All fit inside the same frame

Old 11-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
I can supply all the engine and parts - just DHL shiping doesn't please everyone and on these bikes it is all piennies etc.
CG and CB all fit in the same engine mounting areas.

Biggest cc is CB250 with a 72mm piston making 249.9cc (I blelieve but need to confirm fit all frames)
Next is the 232.6cc and they 100% fit all the air cooled frames

CG I have heard of a 300cc air cooled kit and there are for Trikes a 300cc water cooled motor
All fit inside the same frame
Are any of them counter-balanced? I'd be tempted if so. What is the price on a complete ready-to-bolt-on engine from either CGC or RPS?

It's pennies compared to Japanese and Italian and German but if things break at a certain rate $500.00 can be more or the same.. If a frame brakes making a turn on smooth pavement it's a major-recall anywhere else.. Here people are quick to ignore it because the bike is only 1/5 the price of a CRF 250 etc..

Old 11-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Are any of them counter-balanced? I'd be tempted if so. What is the price on a complete ready-to-bolt-on engine from either CGC or RPS?

It's pennies compared to Japanese and Italian and German but if things break at a certain rate $500.00 can be more or the same.. If a frame brakes making a turn on smooth pavement it's a major-recall anywhere else.. Here people are quick to ignore it because the bike is only 1/5 the price of a CRF 250 etc..
Yeah most CG and CB have a counterbalance engine option