Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Complete Machines
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #16

Location: Wheeling, WV native currently living In Natchitoches, LA
Send a message via AIM to BrianW
Just an update on the Zong. The new owner text messaged me yesterday and told me that "the starter broke, it wont idel and the throttle stix"

I hurried over to his place to make sure the guy didn't request a refund or think I was trying to get one over on him. Upon my inspection I found the the broken starter was actually a dead battery from having left the key on. It won't idle means that it was out of gas and sputtering. The throttle sticking was from him having left it outside and the cable must have had some surface rust on it. After twisting it a few times, it freed up.

Broken plastic panels, rust on the exhaust header, and grass in the handlebar ends suggests that he has had a rough couple weeks with the poor old Zong. I soon asked him if he has checked the oil or anything. He responded "Yup, just added some synthetic a couple hours ago". I asked him what the old looked like and he just stared at me. He added 2 quarts of synthetic to the 1 quart regular that was already in there! What have I done!? :?

Old 08-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #17

I understand what I call 'Seller's Remorse'.

Heck the guy I sold my Zong to wrecked it riding home from my house the day he bought it! 8O

Some people should stick to cages. :?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #18

Looks like you sold it just in time!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW
What have I done!? :?
Sold a guy a nice bike that he didn't know how to care for...
Good of you to go over to help out. Maybe he'll absorb a bit and have a bike that'll last more than 2 weeks :roll:

I'm right there with Doc on the "remorse"...I've watched guys plant RC airplanes I've built and sold. I thought they had the skills... :x

No refunds, if it had that much abuse already.
Bill

Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #20

i trained a guy to fly rc heli's with realflight g3.5, took him out to fly in real life after he bought a trex450 and his own rx/tx setup.. i built the trex and did the radio setup and test lfight.. i told the guy just lift off slowly and hover, then practice hovering in all directions... since if the tail is point at you the controls are the same as the radio but if the heli turns to where the tail is point in a different direction the controls change..

did he do what i said ? nope he said i can do flips on the sim so i can do them in real life, and shot it off the ground, lost control and the heli smashed upside down rotor head first into the ground because dip shit forgot to go from positive pitch to negative pitch when upside down.. he asked me to rebuild it and i walked off. rc heli heads are extremely hard to setup cuz they have to be setup perfectly other wise you get a drift, a spin, a vibration, one control responds differently then another.. ugh its a nightmare