Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyGoKarts View Post
Hi 2LZ,

You bet! We've been adding CARB models as they become available. So far, our CARB certified models include:

1. All Tao ATVs except 250cc models.

2. All Tao Dirt Bikes.

3. All Tao and TrailMaster GoKarts.

4. These Scooters - http://www.familygokarts.com/shop/50...=CARB+Approved

5. These Side x Sides - http://www.familygokarts.com/shop/ut...=CARB+Approved

Basically, all TaoTao vehicles are CARB Approved except for the 250cc models, including the Rhino. Since you mentioned that one specifically, I checked with our Tao rep to make sure, and she verified that the Rhino is NOT CARB Approved. All other Tao units are.

I've also asked our Coolster rep to verify the Coolster 150, but haven't heard back yet.

As more models become CARB certified, we're trying to get that information added in the product specs.
Thanks for the response Brad and thanks for working on this! We CA folks have many more stumbling blocks than others...but the upside is I can't buy anything here that can't be registered...and the dealer has to do the registering. Takes a lot of worry out of it for the consumer, even though our buying options are far fewer. I'm not sure if out-of-state dealers such as yourself needs to do the DMV paperwork but I know that in-state dealers do. Have you had this experience with CA folks before?

It may just be the Rhino's that you have available but I bought a Rhino from SPS in So Cal last year that was CARB Green Stickered.

I see that your Coolster 150 with "free shipping" is about the same price (within 50.00) as PSM's Coolster quad, with 239.95 shipping, so price is close. If I do make a move on a quad, it will be one of those for Mrs. 2LZ. I need to make room in the rolling stock first, especially since I may be acquiring another bike this weekend.

Thanks for keeping us posted on all of this.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350