Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #1

Secret to getting TBR7 nubs in holes

Do I have to be magic. I've changed the oil, adjusted the chain and set the valve lash. I recieved my TBR7 on 10/21/2021 and am trying to button the last buttons up and give it the first start but I can't get the #%&@ headlight nubs in the nub holes. Did anyone else have this problem? Should I maybe put oil on them?
Also, the assembly video by Txpowersports shows the headlight mount screws waiting for you on the bike, but the TBR7.com assembly site has you using the longer (non-gas tank) allen headed fairing bolts but they won't fit on the pre-attache mount nuts. Could someone please help me? I'm almost there.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #2

If you're talking about the rubber things into the triple tree, I used silicone spray and twisted them in. It took effort and some curse words. Spray some lube in the top too because the pins in the headlight plastic will be a little tight.

If I had the triple tree apart, I'd chamfer the holes, they're pretty rough.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:19 PM   #3

Thanks Badluck. I sure appreciate your advice. I don't have any silicone spray. Do you think Dielectric grease would work as a lubricant instead?

Old 11-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #4

On my hawk the bracelet was bent and the more you tighten the bolt the worse it bent it took two people to hold the bracket and tighten the bolt

Old 11-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkay44 View Post
Thanks Badluck. I sure appreciate your advice. I don't have any silicone spray. Do you think Dielectric grease would work as a lubricant instead?
It'll work great too, just a little more messy.

I'm sure it's not the correct thing to use, but I lube cables with silicone spray. Plus it helps your car doors from being frozen shut during winter if you wipe the door seals with it. Just saying it's been worth picking up a can to lubricate any sort of rubber.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #6

Sounds like I saved the most ornery thing for last. Didn't mean to do that. It is good to know it's not just me.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiser23 View Post
On my hawk the bracelet was bent and the more you tighten the bolt the worse it bent it took two people to hold the bracket and tighten the bolt
Sounds like I saved the most ornery thing for last. Didn't mean to do that. It is good to know it's not just me. Your insight makes me feel better about it. I can brace for it now.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badluck View Post
It'll work great too, just a little more messy.

I'm sure it's not the correct thing to use, but I lube cables with silicone spray. Plus it helps your car doors from being frozen shut during winter if you wipe the door seals with it. Just saying it's been worth picking up a can to lubricate any sort of rubber.
You sold me Badluck, although it's rare for doors to freeze shut around here. Is that anything like what's in Amoral?

Old 11-09-2021, 06:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkay44 View Post
You sold me Badluck, although it's rare for doors to freeze shut around here. Is that anything like what's in Amoral?
Pretty much, but the can I got was Liquid Wrench and it's cut with alcohol. That just makes it that much more slick when its wet and when the alcohol evaporates it leaves a light film of silicone.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:54 AM   #10

More sold. That's what I'm getting.