Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #166

Culcune, it looks like TJ is going to make it out for the ride again this year. There are a couple of options for you, if you're still wanting to do the trip. I'm happy to lend you the Hawk, put TJ on the DR (he has one of the same make and model back in Georgia, just not quite as heavily modified), and I can ride the Ural. It's two wheel drive, so I'm sure it'll do the trip just fine. If you're not feeling like being on two wheels, I'm happy to let you drive the Wrangler and you can be support again this year. The only downside is that there's not a tow hitch for the motorcycle carrier on the wrangler, so if we have a serious problem we either need to fix it on the trail, tow the bike out with a recovery strap, or come back for the bike with parts. All in all, I just wanted to let you know how things were shaping up so far. What are you thinking, partner?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 07:22 PM   #167

That is great that TJ is coming out, again! AZ, nor any of us, did not scare him off! I would love to drive the Jeep, if you do not mind. The Hawk would be great, too. Heck, I would ride in the sidecar of the Ural

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
That is great that TJ is coming out, again! AZ, nor any of us, did not scare him off! I would love to drive the Jeep, if you do not mind. The Hawk would be great, too. Heck, I would ride in the sidecar of the Ural
The jeep has a Millennial anti-theft device. Can you drive a manual transmission? If you'd rather ride in the tub, I'm happy to offer that, as well! Whatever you want. You just have to make it out to Phoenix. Is that doable for you?

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 08:39 PM   #169

I learned to drive stick in my '86 Capri 5.0 back in 1989. Most recently, my son had to learn to drive stick in his grandfather's hand me down 1997 Tacoma 4 x 4, which is what I would have driven had the engine decided not to die last week at 280k mile. So, manual trans is not a problem. I do appreciate your generosity, so you tell me what you would prefer: a chase vehicle is a good idea, and means you can ride your DR. Did you want to try out your Ural in the rough stuff? I figure if we each rode a bike (you on your Ural) the sidecar could be used for emergency stuff like the air pump and whatnot. I was able to ride the Hawk for that brief period of time last year, and it felt healthy. I will leave the vehicle decision up to you, however, since they are your vehicles and I am thankful to be on or in anything for the trip.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-11-2020, 08:45 PM   #170

Is your son interested in selling the Tacoma? I'm sorta-kinda in the market for a truck. I'm thinking that the Jeep would be limited as far as a chase vehicle, simply because it doesn't have a means to drag a bike out of the trails. Let's plan on you riding the Hawk, TJ will be on the DR, and I'll captain the Ural. Can you make it out to Phoenix? If you're really feeling adventurous (and can chip in a few bucks for the cost of fuel and the rental), TJ and I can fly over to Yuma airport and pick you up and fly you back to Phoenix on Friday, you can get a hotel, and then do the ride. We can either fly you back on Saturday after the ride, or you can stay an extra night and we'll take you back first thing Sunday morning. What's your pleasure?

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 08:57 PM   #171

A flight would be an adventure! Thank you, but the Impreza is still trustworthy for commuting, and I would have no problem getting to Phoenix. I just think that a few places on the last ride were a bit harsh for the car, and did mess with the front plastics on both sides of the car from bottoming out. If I had the Crosstrek or the Outback, it would have been no problem.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #172

Ok. Once we figure out what time we're going to kick this shin-dig off, we can figure out when you would want to be out this way and ready to ride. It might make sense to drive out that morning, or maybe the night before. Looks like it's coming together!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 09:40 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
A flight would be an adventure! Thank you, but the Impreza is still trustworthy for commuting, and I would have no problem getting to Phoenix. I just think that a few places on the last ride were a bit harsh for the car, and did mess with the front plastics on both sides of the car from bottoming out. If I had the Crosstrek or the Outback, it would have been no problem.
Sawzall ! Nuff said .

Old 10-11-2020, 09:42 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Sawzall ! Nuff said .
If a Sawzall isn't the answer, you've got the wrong question!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 11:27 PM   #175

I think culcune might need a hand to purchase a bike ,he is always posting info about new models ,and helping everybody ,he is pretty much furniture in this place ,and can’t be seen riding a plastic scooter in public (well at least with covid he can wear a big mask so nobody recognizes him ),and with all his friends in the biz he can probably wrangle himself a deal on a bike .Its been done for others ,so it’s his turn I figure .Anybody know how to set it up ,I will donate towards it no problem .

Old 10-11-2020, 11:39 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruces View Post
i think culcune might need a hand to purchase a bike ,he is always posting info about new models ,and helping everybody ,he is pretty much furniture in this place ,and can’t be seen riding a plastic scooter in public (well at least with covid he can wear a big mask so nobody recognizes him ),and with all his friends in the biz he can probably wrangle himself a deal on a bike .its been done for others ,so it’s his turn i figure .anybody know how to set it up ,i will donate towards it no problem .
hear, hear!! I second this motion!!

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 11:44 PM   #177

User RD1959 has an RX-3 for sale in Monroe, North Carolina. I say we all chip in to pick that up for Culcune, and a little extra for a one-way plane ticket and then have him moto-vlog the ride back to Yuma... http://www.chinariders.net/attachmen...1&d=1602474261
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yuma.JPG (162.8 KB, 200 views)

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #178

That would be fine with me ,but not sure which bike he would actually want to own .

Old 10-11-2020, 11:57 PM   #179

Not sure either. Just a thought to throw out there. Maybe he could chime in and defend himself from our designs.

The Stable:
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 10-12-2020, 12:43 AM   #180

Gentlemen, thank you! I really appreciate the offer!! I am waiting on a Worker's Comp settlement from the side job I had delivering pizzas when I lived for a relatively brief time in L.A. That should put me on a Lifan X-Pect If all goes as planned, I will ride it out from Kronik Racing outside L.A. to Yuma while filming it with a GoPro. The only thing is I doubt this will happen before November 9th's ride. My longer term goal is to get you guys out this way to ride portions of the Arizona Peace Trail. I know it crosses under I-10 in either La Paz or Mohave counties, so that could be a possible starting point since it would be easiest for you guys to meet up. But I am getting ahead of myself, and thanks for thinking of me!! I wouldn't mind riding an RX3 from NC to Yuma.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Tags
250, wickenburg