Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2017, 02:29 PM   #1

are we still buying our oil filters at CSC?

Any optional stores or still CSC $50 for 6 plus shipping?

Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 PM   #2

I'm using the last of my CSC ones and then I'm switching to the steel reusable filter from Ali or Taobao. There is a thread in here somewhere and we found out that the steel filter is used on the NC250 used on the APJ PR5.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #3

Just for grins, I wonder how often the oil is changed in the AJP application. If it's every few hundred miles or dozen hours, a screen door filter might be OK. If, on the other hand, you are going to go a couple thousand miles between changes I question the logic of a reusable filter. The reusable filters I have looked at only filter down to about 30 microns, the pleated paper filters frequently filter down to 3-5 microns.

Peter Y.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Just for grins, I wonder how often the oil is changed in the AJP application. If it's every few hundred miles or dozen hours, a screen door filter might be OK. If, on the other hand, you are going to go a couple thousand miles between changes I question the logic of a reusable filter. The reusable filters I have looked at only filter down to about 30 microns, the pleated paper filters frequently filter down to 3-5 microns.

Peter Y.
well thanks for that bit of research Peter. this is why I'm a member here. Good info like this helps make decisions. less work more fun, better for the engine life. CSC filters it is.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #5

I use the CSC filters, but I only change them out every fifth oil change. I change oil every 1500 miles or so. Still on my second filter after I changed out the original after the break in period. Coming up on 6000 miles now with no issues.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
I use the CSC filters, but I only change them out every fifth oil change. I change oil every 1500 miles or so. Still on my second filter after I changed out the original after the break in period. Coming up on 6000 miles now with no issues.
I don't change my filters every oil change either. I've even yet to have anything on yhr screens but I check them anyway.....because the one time I don't....

The CSC filters are not cheap, but I usually order a six pack when I order something else and have them put the filters inside the box to save shipping. That's helps a little.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #7

Quote:

Peter Y.
Are you sure about that ?

FWIW....Scott's is claiming filtration down to 35 microns while they claim most
Paper filters are in the 90-95 microns or 3 times worse.

By comparison fine sand is 62 microns

The other noteable claims for SS reuseable filters are no glue and better cold flow.

Not saying which is better but Scott's and PC racing are.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #8

If I lived within reasonable distance from CSC to walk in and purchase the filters I would. Shipping charges are too much though. If you try bundling the order with other accessories they'll hold the order until the stuff they had to order themselves arrives. Be sure to allow your bundled orders PLENTY of time to be fulfilled.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Just for grins, I wonder how often the oil is changed in the AJP application.
Same thing with the spark plug: replace it after 3000km (1800miles)?
(AJP PR5 Service Book, page 16)
- ex Honda Storm 125 (2009)
- ex Corven Triax 250 Touring (2016) (Zongshen RX3 carb)
Benelli TRK 502 (2018)