Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2018, 11:56 PM   #1

TT250 Removed front axel now brakes bind

I was removing my front axle to install a digital speed sensor, got the wrong one, so I went to put the original mechanical one back on. I can't get it to seat all the way against the hub, the seal on the sensor is about a 1/4" off the hub when aligned (1/2“ when misaligned) . I'm not sure if the bearing moved or what but for the life of me I can't torque my axle without the brake rotor binding on the back / inside brake pad (opposite pad to pistons). It still drags a little even before I torque the axle. I have made sure that I aligned the speed sensor to the hub, it's like the bearing moved when I pulled the axle or something. I believe the bearing is what's stopping the sensor from sealing against the hub. I tried gentle hammering on the speed sensor to push the bearing until it seats but the bearing doesn't budge, which makes me second guess myself. The axle has always came out easy so I doubt the bearing would move. I looked at the CSC tutorial and couldn't find any clues to what I could have screwed up. The forks stayed on the bike, and all I removed was the axle, speed sensor, wheel & spacer but now I can't make them fit back together.

Anyone know what might be going on and how I can fix it?

Tags
front axle, speed sensor, tt250