Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2016, 02:02 AM   #46

Thanks for your first impressions, DSC. What LED option did you get? I've tried a few and the only one I liked is a GENSSI LED I found on eBay. It's really bright, provides a nice solid beam and has a low beam cutoff. Here's my review - http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16460

I need to do a write up on the progressive shock. I tried hard to like it and adjusted the hell out of it, but it was way oversprung, provided almost zero damping and rode like a hard tail. I switched back to stock and after setting to zero preload, my RX3 rides better than the progressive. Others love the progressive shock, so maybe I just got a bad one.

You aren't the first to notice an issue shifting to 5th and 6th. Mine does not have that issue, but maybe it only affects some 2016 models. I'll be interested to see your extended reviews as it breaks in.

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic View Post
Good to know - will try it - I do think my front and rear set up is out of balance which is causing a strange repetitive bumping/shaking at certain speeds. Not the engine as persists when clutch engaged - either wheels or suspension.
Maybe you could experiment with tire pressures to see if that effects it to try to narrow down the issue.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Great to see you on Rex, DSC! I'm glad DMV worked out just fine for you, other tha one final curveball.

Let me chime in on a few of your concerns.

Like every CB I've had, it will loosen up considerably once broken in. I'm almost up to the 500 mile mark and between the 13 tooth sprocket and the engine loosening, it's no rocket but much more spry than out-of-box. The 13 does rob you some top speed though.

Play with the rear shock. I have the stocker and after an adjustment on the dampening and then unwinding the spring about 2.5 turns, it came right in and balanced with the front. It "bounces evenly" and responds very well in the corners now. I'm 200 pounds.

The shifting has smoothed out nicely to where even my neighbor commented on how smooth he thought it shifted. I have changed the oil at about 85 miles since this one wasn't prepped by CSC and I wanted to dump the original junk. The slight "double snick" into 6th is now about gone. This is something I've also felt in tops gears of other bikes. I think it's when the forks hit the stop on the drum. Just guessing though. Also, check the shifter bolt. It was tight, but the shifter wasn't snug on the shaft. It had a little wiggle and I needed to "cinch the pinch".

Yah....every CB mirror I've ever had has been more designed to match Voltron than actually provide a great rear view.

Unrelated: Adjust your chain and align the rear wheel. Mine was very tight and off center. Pop the plastic caps off the swingarm pivot bolt and use a tape measure. There's zero obstructions and you can align it perfectly. Between this and setting the rear shock, I'm totally impressed with the cornering prowess of this bike.

I look forward to your official write-up after break in!
Great list 2LZ I would like to add one more thing about the chain slack. On Mrs. Tigers 2015 White RX3 we noticed the chain would be loose at times and tight at other times when we stopped for fuel or to eat. We rolled her bike and it seamed that the rear sprocket was not centered, as she rode the bottom of the chain would jump excessively. Then rolled it to the tight spot and loosened the sprocket nuts and pulled the chain together in the middle to force the sprocket forward then tightened the bolts and then checked it again. After a couple of tries we found the sweat spot and cinched it down. Now the chain chain runs smooth and does not stretch as fast as it did before. There seems to be a little slack in the sprocket bolt holes and if tightened off center could cause some problems when adjusting the chain.
2015 RX3 Cyclone (White)
2015 RX3 Cyclone (Orange)
2016 Honda CB500X

Old 06-27-2016, 03:09 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
What LED option did you get? I've tried a few and the only one
Here's the one I went with:

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/H4-FAN...ps226-0011.htm

Huge dark patches at 10:00 and 2:00 - thanks for the suggestion on the one that you like - will definitely be looking for a better solution.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 06-27-2016, 03:24 PM   #50

I went with this light, works great. Just had to drill some holes in the light housing to vent the heat.
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-MotoV...torcycle+light

Old 06-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #51

I put in a Silverstar Ultra after using the same bulb as you. The pattern was terrible. I cut out the back of the housing to vent. It's on my blog.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:05 PM   #52

Have to share something that absolutely shocked and amazed me. As you know, I got Rex registered last Friday. So today, I walked out to the mailbox and there amongst my mail was MY TITLE - 6 days later - HOLY COW!!!

So, the CT DMV won back a little respect from me to turn the title around at lightning speed.

Maybe there's hope for my little State yet . . .
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodtheviking View Post
I went with this light, works great. Just had to drill some holes in the light housing to vent the heat.
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-MotoV...torcycle+light
I use then in my pickup.