Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Hey fellow chinariders glad to meet you all.

Well hi all my names Joe and I am a retired infantryman from 3rd id. 2-7 inf. I went to school for automotive repair but it was the wrong damn thing. I wanted to do more than automotive, I wanted to do motorcycles. Well here I am today with zero motorcycle experience and getting my license soon. So why not I have built cars and computers so why not something that I love. I started loving thanks to my uncle Jimmy. Sad to say he passed away this month, but when I was a kid he took me for a ride on one of his many motorcycles. Not sure which one it was an antique. He has so many antiques and right before he passed away at 78. He did a ride on a bmw that was only 300 or 400cc from California to Pennsylvania. But enough about that. He was the one that made me fall in love with motorcycles. I was never able to get one till recently due to a friend. So I am going to be the proud owner of a df250rtr. I can't wait to get it and put it together, with zero problems. Lol ya there always are a few. So have any questions ask away.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #2

Welcome KTM... I would love to see some pics of your uncle with one of his bikes. The older the photo the better.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #3

welcome from a fellow vet. I was a motor T mechanic in the marine corps back in the 80s,

your uncle jimmy sounds like a pretty awsome dude, we have our own little jimmy here, he is 89 and still riding.( mostly in a sidecar lately)

BTW we need pics of the bike. we like the pics

Old 05-10-2017, 09:30 PM   #4

I'll ask my mom if she has some saved from her brother. I only have a photo albums from when I was a kid. I'll see if my aunt may have a few photos too. Thanks pistolclass ya he was one true outlaw. Old kid that's awesome we have someone that still rides near 90 that's awesome. In my eyes that is another true outlaw.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:46 AM   #5

Welcome, Joe! I'm looking forward to pics of your new bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #6

Thanks weldangrind ya I'm looking for it too but can't do anything till my friend gets back. he is on a few month vacation sad to say then going to his familys then back home in about 3 months. So no telling when but he did say he would try and get it out before Christmas so I hope maybe November. So I'll keep you poste.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to conduz

Old 04-09-2018, 03:54 AM   #8

No photo shown up directly. Copied image's link & it's on a FB page.
The bike is a Dongfang DF250RTR Ghost that powered by a 223 (65.5*62.2) OHC engine.