Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #1

Doh! Anyone know about Yiben CDIs?

Ok this mystery gets deeper and deeper, I can't find anything about Yiben to find the right functional CDI, the company has existed since 1998 and seems to be a legitimate manufacturer over there, with a decent reputation. I found that the Roketta parts website is advertising Yiben on their page, but roketa is Jonway stuff , which is a different manufacturer, I know they import a lot of their stuff, not just Jonway, maybe they are importing Yiben now? It's really wierd because mine has Solana across the back like a Jonway, but it's a dealership chain name, and the manufacturer on the plate is wrong for Jonway. It's supposed to be a Yiben Yb-50 QT-3 according to the other sticker on it, it also has Yiben manuals with it. The issue is I'm trying to find a spare CDI box,as I travel long distances on it, and I now have a collection of boxes, and none of them will allow it to run. It's an AC cdi, like every cheap AC CDI sold. I measured 100 volts AC from the stator, but if you plug in an aftermarket box it won't run, period. plug in the factory box, and it runs fine. I don't want to get stranded by a lousy CDI box that seems to not exist. The other anomaly is they come with an 8 pole stator, unlike most 50cc, and they have two high voltage windings, all the pins for the kill switch, stator input, coil output, trigger match a standard cdi box, I've traced them

Old 09-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #2

Check the stock pin's definition http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...uthorid%3D2790 are as the generic CDI. That electronic freak in 2/f tells u some secret [2] Omits a gnd wire... (ie. cost saving) !!!
Some GY6-50 CDI had speed limit lines !!!