Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #1

Looking for info on Redcatonline.com

I tried posting this in "feedback" but got zero response, then noticed that mine was the first new posting there since April, so I'm trying again here. Anybody had any dealings with Redcatonline.com? What was your experience like? They have the parts I want, but their phone number goes straight to voice mail and they don't do PayPal, so I'm a little leery of giving them my credit card details.

Anyone? Good? Bad?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #2

Never heard of them. Which State are you in?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #3

I'm not in the US right now, I'm working in Papua New Guinea, (eastern half of the big island just north of Australia). However, I do have a buyer in the US who I order parts through all the time for all the Japanese stuff I normally work on (most of which is stuff that was imported from the US).

Here's the link: http://www.redcatonline.com/ I forget where I got it, except that it was in a long list of other links to suppliers of parts for china bikes. They claim to be located in Illinois. I thought that their website looked pretty legit, (better than some other Chinabike parts suppliers websites I've seen!), but my buyer balked at ordering anything from them, so I'm trying to get some info to let her know that it's okay. On the other hand, if NOBODY has had any dealings with them, maybe she's right to be concerned?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #4

I don't remember reading any posts regarding customer service for that particular vendor. However, they certainly do have a large number of parts listed for sale.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #5

Are there no CB dealers in Australia that you could deal with?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #6

Nah, too expensive, especially since the US dollar tanked. I can typically get parts from the US for about 1/3 to 1/2 what they cost in Aus., at least that's true for Japanese bike parts.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #7

Given your "relative" proximity, can you import directly from China?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #8

I've looked into that (a little), seems like most suppliers direct from China are primarily interested in selling by the truckload. Wish I could afford to do that! I guess if I were going to go that route I'd probably just buy a container load of complete bikes and then part out 1/2 to 2/3 of them. I'd almost certainly make money on it, (especially if I got Shineray GY150 or 200's, since that is what local dealers seem to be selling but not supporting), but the initial capital investment is too high for me.

Found a guy on eBay who had some of the parts I needed, then went to "Bikenthings" for the rest of what I needed, though it sound sliek what I most need is on backorder. Anybody dealt with Bikenthings?

http://www.bikenthings.com/

Old 10-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #9

Never heard of them, but they have some really cool bicycles.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #10

Guess I've just got a knack for discovering obscure parts suppliers!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #11

Same website as this one but different name;

http://www.sunlpartsonline.com/

Same southern Illinois, USA phone number for orders. I have no experience with either site, though.