Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #1

Location: Out yonder where the hoot owls make love to the chickens / Indiana backwoods
WANT ! - Stator / Flywing 150 dirt bike

2005 Flywing 150cc 4-stroke.

It's got 8 coils / 6 wires (white plug has 6 wires ).

Can't find it anywhere online.

I have pics if that would help, but don't know how to upload. (I'm on iPhone)

HELP PLEASE !

Thank You !

Old 08-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #2

Welcome!

eBay is your friend. Don't search for name-specific parts, because you won't find them. Search for things like "dirt bike stator". Good luck.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #3

Is this close? You may need to recycle your plug.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magneto-Stat...c28d19&vxp=mtr

Old 08-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #4

Location: Out yonder where the hoot owls make love to the chickens / Indiana backwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Welcome!

eBay is your friend. Don't search for name-specific parts, because you won't find them. Search for things like "dirt bike stator". Good luck.
Yeah I've kinda found that out .

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Is this close? You may need to recycle your plug.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magneto-Stat...c28d19&vxp=mtr
I'll have to check... Looks close. Have to check against the stator when I get home. I'm pretty sure the wire colors are not the same though, which I know nothing about which one to match up with another???

BUT...upon looking at numerous ones online, I think what I've got is a 7 1/2 coil NOT a 8 coil...?

One "coil" / "pole" has NO wire wound on it.

So...????????

Thanks thus far guys !

Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #6

UPDATE

Guess I should've paid better attention to the plug on the bike rather than the plug on the stator !

The plug on the bike has only 3 wires, NOT 6 as on the stator.

So, I'm assuming that stator has 6 wires for other applications that have battery / electric start ???

Thus, I'm assuming I need to now look for a 7 1/2? or 8? coil that has only 3 wires , and hopefully the same color wires and/or plug? Because 1: I would have NO idea what color wire would go where and 2. I can't find anything similar with 6 wires anyways.

Hmmmm.......??????

Old 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #7

The other wires could be for lights.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #8

Quote:
The other wires could be for lights.
Yeah that's what I'm assuming...lights, elec start...something other than what the bike has.

Stator used on a variety of different machines.

Still haven't had any luck finding one... Which is starting to bum me out.

The bike has very little use, still has some of the tits on the tire tread... Bought it at a garage sale for $50 from an angry/disgruntled owner in it's as/is non running condition... Concluded it was the stator.

Didn't think it would be this hard to find the right part especially after looking at what seems like hundreds of stators.... :(

Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #9

Are you sure its the stator? We have seen failures, but more common is the CDI box.

If you can post some pictures of the one you have we may be able to help more. Most of us you photobucket.com to upload too and then paste the IMG here.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Are you sure its the stator? We have seen failures, but more common is the CDI box.

If you can post some pictures of the one you have we may be able to help more. Most of us you photobucket.com to upload too and then paste the IMG here.
I'm going off the word and diagnosis of the mechanic who attempted to fox it for the guy I bought it from. Stator was already off .

I'll try that photobucket later as I have a moped pic request on another thread.

Thanks.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #11

I think I would try to reinstall and then do my own diagnosis before purchasing a new stator. Also make sure all connections are good.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #12

Got it running !!

Broken wire on stator...

Put it all back together, with about 2 year old gas in the tank, fired up on 2nd kick !!

Drained gas, new fuel filter, oil change (added some Lucas / motor has an odd rattle sound in my opinion, possibly just the normal sound or a rod and/or crank bearing? Maybe valves need adjusted?) ....been riding it off and on for a couple days..

Now , where can I find specs / technical stuff for this motor?

It's a Honda clone correct? It has No plug on the valve cover for access to adjust valves therefore it's a push rod motor from my understanding ?
There is however a small screw in the very top of valve cover that sets parallel with bike frame.... What's it for?

Wanting to adjust valves, can't find specs???

Also on the side of the motor (stator side) just above the cover / bottom of jug is a metal plug / flat head screwdriver slotted / about a quarter ($.25) size... What's that ?

Pictures may be helpful to both of us ......

Bike runs great though, very low gearing... Could use 7 gears instead of 5 in my opinion. Never had a 4stroke bike always had RM's and KDX... I love it especially back in the woods on the old trails..

Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Got it running !!

Broken wire on stator...

Put it all back together, with about 2 year old gas in the tank, fired up on 2nd kick !!

Drained gas, new fuel filter, oil change (added some Lucas / motor has an odd rattle sound in my opinion, possibly just the normal sound or a rod and/or crank bearing? Maybe valves need adjusted?) ....been riding it off and on for a couple days..

Now , where can I find specs / technical stuff for this motor?

It's a Honda clone correct? It has No plug on the valve cover for access to adjust valves therefore it's a push rod motor from my understanding ?
There is however a small screw in the very top of valve cover that sets parallel with bike frame.... What's it for?

Wanting to adjust valves, can't find specs???

Also on the side of the motor (stator side) just above the cover / bottom of jug is a metal plug / flat head screwdriver slotted / about a quarter ($.25) size... What's that ?

Pictures may be helpful to both of us ......

Bike runs great though, very low gearing... Could use 7 gears instead of 5 in my opinion. Never had a 4stroke bike always had RM's and KDX... I love it especially back in the woods on the old trails..
Here is a link to picture of same motor I've got :

http://maxpartslist.com/images/products/1013.JPG

The plug I was referring to is not installed on the motor in the picture, but you can clearly see the hole it threads in to.... What is it?

Also on top of the valve cover, on the back (right) side - on the top / middle of cover is a 10mm? bolt / head facing the rear of the bike (absent in picture)... What's it for ?

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #14

That's a beloved (by me) pushrod motor. Glad to hear you got it running!

Here's a good valve adjustment tutorial: http://hondacg125.awardspace.com/valve_clearance.htm

I believe the bolt on the valve cover is for verifying oil pressure to the valves after an oil change.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
That's a beloved (by me) pushrod motor. Glad to hear you got it running!

Here's a good valve adjustment tutorial: http://hondacg125.awardspace.com/valve_clearance.htm

I believe the bolt on the valve cover is for verifying oil pressure to the valves after an oil change.
Hey thanks!

I'm assuming though it's the same specs as my 150cc ?

The link is for 125cc......

Just checking.