Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgasgas1224 View Post
and people wondered why i wanted to switch to excel rims or something better than stock because this steel garbage bends to easy.
I laced an early '80's DID aluminum front rim onto my Lifan, which was from a Honda XR200. My son was riding it a few years ago and hit a huge pothole, which turned the front wheel into something from a clown car. When I got it home and cut out the spokes, the rim popped back into shape. I was amazed.

I ordered custom SS spokes from Buchanan's and laced it back up. It's still on the bike today.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-04-2019, 03:59 AM   #17

Identical problem as OP but with Magician which is 19x1.85 36-spoke.

TXPowersports quoted this yesterday which is probably same for Hawk:
Quote:
Forks are $150 each
Front rim is $135
That's just rim I assume.. I've read these are uncommon angles and lengths on these spokes.. I haven't found any with the right angle and length and diameter combo on ebay or amazon yet..

This current state of charging Japanese aftermarket rates because nobody can source parts except registered RPS dealers is annoying, and it looks like the shipping is just as slow as yoycart dot com which charges tens of dollars for the same parts..

When a list of interchangeable Honda parts is made this racket is going to die quickly.. I'm pretty sure there are Honda forks for both RPS bikes that work with RPS hub and spacer(I'd pay hundreds for Japanese).. My coil and controls and levers are all off XR and XL bikes the wheels and forks are all that's left..