Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #1

I am debating lifan 200 gy or roketa db7a??

Lifan seems to have a larger fuel tank and a few more horses but roketa is cheaper.What do you guys think? and is the lifan as easy to put together as the roketa?

Old 01-31-2007, 06:16 AM   #2

Where are you getting your data on the hp rating? Most of these regardless of make are about 16hp(and top speed 70-75mph with the right sprockets) from what I've seen. The only difference is whether you're getting the OHC or the OHV engine. I know the RSX-200E Roketa has the OHC engine, disk brakes front and rear, and inverted front forks. But any of the bikes with these features should be about the same, unless you get an aluminum frame bike.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 01-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #3

Like fatboy250 says, they are pretty much the same. I think that Roketa's are Zongshen-based. The GY-5 comes stock with a 46 t rear and 17 t front sprocket, and as fb250 (he has a Roketa) said on another thread, his rear sprocket also came stock as a 46 t allowing him an indicated 75 mph. However, not all Roketas have always come with the 46 t rear, so make sure somehow you have this combination before you buy if you are planning to run it on the street. The Lifan has the street grears as stock. 56 t rears are difficult street gears unless you are planning to run it like a moped (read, slow) at 35 mph or slower.

Also, the Lifan is 49-state DOT certified (not California) for street registration, while some states might not be as easy to register the Roketa. I live in Arizona which allows quads and those 150cc go-karts to be street registered, but some states might actually frown on the Roketa, so keep this in the back of your head.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #4

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Hehe I love(facetiously) my bunny-hugging, tree kissing state. At least my bike is Green Sticker.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #5

My take on California; it bows to special interests and/or special business interests. I lived there when Gray Davis was governor, and he was notable for taking contributions from special interests.

I don't think that these bikes are any more or less polluting than any other bikes, and in fact, as California allows bikes to split lanes through virtually stopped freeway traffic, a moving bike is probably emitting less pollutants than a full-size SUV (which seem to be prevelant) in stop and go "rush" hour traffic.

However, the U.S. branches of the major Japanese bike companies are headquartered in California--all 4 if I am not mistaken--I know that Honda is for sure.

If Honda and the others petitions to put on hold the Lifan 49-state DOT certified enduros for California, then that is that. They (C.A.R.B.) will do just that--under the guise of testing to the nth degree. It's simple economics, not cleaner air as the Cal. C.A.R.B tries to present it as. In Cali, if you appeal to the more liberal minded, then it becomes a done deal--look at how firearms have been virtually eliminated there. American Lifan should have set itself up in California, and I am sure that their bike would be 50 states-legal by now.

However, until someone appeals the case to the Republican governator, as a business deal under the guise of low-income people having transportation (appealing to the liberal-minded and the conservative, business minded--see where I am going with this) you will be stuck with no Chinese enduros for the near future. Liverchip, the future of steet-legal Chinese enduros in California lies with you. Use the force wisely!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-31-2007, 06:04 PM   #6

horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy250
Where are you getting your data on the hp rating? Most of these regardless of make are about 16hp(and top speed 70-75mph with the right sprockets) from what I've seen. The only difference is whether you're getting the OHC or the OHV engine. I know the RSX-200E Roketa has the OHC engine, disk brakes front and rear, and inverted front forks. But any of the bikes with these features should be about the same, unless you get an aluminum frame bike.
I was just looking at the advertised hp in the roketa site and in the lifan site.I believe roketa said 14.7 and the lifan said 16 but that could just be what they are saying on the lifan