Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #1

Help

I want to buy and enduro so I can learn how to ride, and I was wondering what is an inexpensive bike to learn on. I also want ann enduro cause their street legal.
Thanks
Matt

Old 01-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #2

Im glad your taking interest into getting an enduro. There is a few things to consider when buying, first there is size, you dont want anyting thats going to be to big for you to handle being your first bike, second is price and quality, you dont want to bust the bank paying way to much for a bike of sub par quality compared to a bike that better built for the same price, third is making sure the bike that you buy is from a respectable dealer and not from an internet site claiming to be a dealer, alot of problems arise by buying from these so called internet dealers, and last but not least, make sure the bike is legal in your state to register for the road also that the bike is EPA approved and is tagged as a motorcycle rather than dirt bike. Being your first bike I would consider some thought as to some of these bikes require a lot of maintenance unlike their Japanese counterparts. If you plan on getting on this bike and hammering down on it than I can tell you that this is not the way to go. I hear the saying on here "ride it like you stole it", well your about to shell out $1200 plus and unless you got a money tree in your back yard than go ahead and ride it hard. Parts for these bikes are kind of hard to come by and if you can get them they will cost you 15-25% of the total cost of the bike. I own a American Lifan 200GY-5 and I can tell you that it is a pleasure to ride so make your decisions carefully and enjoy your new bike.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
all true

We love our vivas. But I love to tinker.This is inportant! do a learn to ride class. it will save your life.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #4

I think you came to the right place. Jet-Tech is right on the money. Very good advice. Please... take the Motorcycle Safety Course. This is more important than the type of bike you buy. One more thing, my advice is to always wear protective gear when riding. All the gear, all the time. ATGATT.

There are many smart people on this site that will help you in many ways. If you need help just ask...

Old 01-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #5

Matthew, the first thing I want to know is, where are you from? (See Jet's explanation of street legality). Are you in the US or Canada, or elsewhere?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard