Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #1

I'd really like to see one of the moto magazines do a comparo test of the RX-3, CB500X, and BMW F700GS/G650GS.

We all know the RX-3 would lose the highway portion of the comparo (Just because of its top speed limitations), but I bet it would win both the canyon carving and off-road portions. And if the test included urban traffic riding, I think the RX-3 would be on top there too.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Dan's Motorcycle Blog - "Lost? I'm not lost. I'm just exploring. . ."

Old 12-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKearney View Post
I'd really like to see one of the moto magazines do a comparo test of the RX-3, CB500X, and BMW F700GS/G650GS.

We all know the RX-3 would lose the highway portion of the comparo (Just because of its top speed limitations), but I bet it would win both the canyon carving and off-road portions. And if the test included urban traffic riding, I think the RX-3 would be on top there too.

Cheers,

Dan K.
I've got something to say about this to anyone listening...I've beat the living snot out of my RX3 the last 6 weeks. The last three weekends I have joined group ADV rides flying around all kinds of backroads and trails in Ohio.
Aside from making new friends (which is good), I have marked SOOOO many exquisite roads and trails on my GPS it'll keep me happy for years, as there are spurs off of these as well.
And riding alongside the following bikes...Yamaha WR250R (four different ones), Several KLRs all farkled...yesterday a GS1200 Beemer...a SuperTenare...Veestroms, KTMs,, you freaking name it.
And the RX3 can hang right there in the worst with them.
It's fast enough for hauling mail on roads not intended for mail. And the power and top speed the big bikes offer? Unusable on these backroads and trails. Literally.
And a detriment when you go down or break down compared to the RX3s simplicity.
Really kinda amazed at the damn competency of this bike.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
I've got something to say about this to anyone listening...I've beat the living snot out of my RX3 the last 6 weeks. The last three weekends I have joined group ADV rides flying around all kinds of backroads and trails in Ohio.
Aside from making new friends (which is good), I have marked SOOOO many exquisite roads and trails on my GPS it'll keep me happy for years, as there are spurs off of these as well.
And riding alongside the following bikes...Yamaha WR250R (four different ones), Several KLRs all farkled...yesterday a GS1200 Beemer...a SuperTenare...Veestroms, KTMs,, you freaking name it.
It's fast enough for hauling mail on roads not intended for mail. And the power and top speed the big bikes offer? Unusable on these backroads and trails. Literally.
Where's the freakin' *Like* button? Way to go, Dan.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Awesome Dan

Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #5

Quote:

Agree
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 12-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #6

I'm jealous

Quote:

I'm jealous. I would love to spend that much time out and about on the RX3 (marzhere's bike but she lets me get seat time). I am becoming more impressed with the bike over time as well. Will be on the CSC Baja trip in March for the next extended rides on the bike. I'm limited in Colorado now to some blue bird days when the roads are clear.

The RX3 does not have as much low end power as my KLR (stock except for $.22 mod on carb) but is more than capable on the dirt county roads and forest service roads I've been on so far. The weight and handling of the RX3 is great compared to the KLR. The comfortable hwy cruising speed is not much lower on the RX3 vs. KLR so not really a negative.

I've had several people at work stop me in the parking lot asking about the RX3. I can't praise it highly enough. Then when I tell them the price they are blown away.

Rojo

Old 12-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #7

Quote:
I AGREE.

I've owned the KLR 650, the Vstrom DL650 and I have a Moto Guzzi Stelvio in my garage with the RX3.

This bike is a better choice for anything involving dirt than any of those including the KLR. The big bikes are better for anything that involves going over 65mph. The Stelvio is terrifying on anything more than an improved dirt road due to weight. Some lunatic's can do it but one slip and your looking at a pricey mistake.