Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2024, 05:47 PM   #1

Some notes as I watch it: I can vouch for the spark arrestor....my kickstand doesn't have the same issue, weird. While the Nibbi is a popular upgrade, I just don't see the need if you just open up the smooth bore carb the bike came with. "Tamper-proof"? Lols, hardly. I have no issue with the stock choke. Anything about 40 degrees F bike starts up easily without it or with just a second or two of choke. The battery is nice but my bike starts right up no prob....when I need a new one I'll upgrade. I'm not a fan of his fend mod, lols. I used my dremel to just cut off everything below my plate like he ended up doing.
Triumph Legend TT 900

Old 04-26-2024, 06:46 PM   #2

Keep in mind there are 3 models of the Templar... standard, M, and X. Mike Festiva has the "standard".

I am curious about the differences between the standard Templar and the M (different kickstand, for instance? or maybe there is just variability in the manufacturing of Templars over time). Moot point since neither are available now. I think that the frame geometry between the M and X are identical, but that the standard Templar is different. Maybe this info is already posted in drips and drabs here, or on Mike Festiva's videos.

One major difference. I can't remove the tailpipe on my 2022 X. It is just welded in! But I see now that the way to install the Fisch spark arrestor is to remove that tail pipe if you can, not get the smaller spark arrestor and cram it in with a mallet! But I would have to replace my muffler to do that, and you have to buy the whole stinkin' thing from XPro/PSM, and who knows if it would come with a welded talipipe