Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2024, 01:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
Ironically, CFMoto owns KTM.....

Actually they are just in a partnership with KTM.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 04-02-2024, 02:13 PM   #17

The thunderstorm generator is quite an interesting concept, imploding instead of expanding things for energy (if my limited understanding is correct). I actually passed a few videos on that to my father, a long retired physicist expecting a long winded explanation of why it won't work and was shocked when he somewhat excitedly began explaining why it "might be working" full of terminology far above my understanding. If this idea pans out it certainly may be a pivotal moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Kinda sorta being sarcastic about the trades. You HAVE seen the Tesla robot? Couple that tech with AI and it's pretty much game over. The elites will have all the slave labor they ever wanted and consumerism (guilty as charged) will be our downfall. I believe someone somewhere has built a gigantic 3D printer and is printing cars, or huge car parts. Soon, if not already, it will be houses.

I mean, the writing is on the wall, clear as day. They called me a crazy, conspiracy theory kook 20 years ago about 9/11 and the BS WMD's just as I'm sure some will call me a kook today for this forward view because it makes them feel better. How many times do we have to see reality imitate art (Capt Kirk and the "recorder", now cell phone) before we begin to see what's coming? If Tesla made one robot, I see a warehouse full of a million units in the future. Star Wars Clone Wars, anyone?

Have ya'll heard of Malcom's Plasmoid Thunderstorm Generator? I believe it's our first step in the direction of harnessing zero point energy. Check out Lex Fridman's podcast on that if you really want your mind blown.
GasGas TXT 125

Old 04-02-2024, 10:34 PM   #18

Lex Fridman's podcast with Randall Carlson blew my mind. It's great because Professor Carlson struggles to fully understand, so it's like we're learning at the same rate he is (not really, but it feels like it). When he starts talking about the shape of the plasmoids during the compression phase, then you take a cross-section of it and look at it from the side, it creates the shape of an 8 laying on it's side, or the symbol for infinity. That is your first clue. Then they plot, with perfect mathematical precision, every element in the periodic table along some curve that the plasmoid makes....mind is still blown...

Malcom credits Professor Carlson with building the foundation, whereas Malcom *just* built the house on top. The foundation is Sacred Geometry and some far out, hippy dippy math. I believe the "house" is based in physics and/or string theory. I have yet to look into Malcom.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 04-03-2024, 10:14 PM   #19

Malcolm has some serious issues in his past which makes the whole thing require a bit of extra scrutiny. Admittedly his past "issues" may have been because he was blocking some large corporate profits or he may have actually been the problem, hard to tell. Either way if this thing can successfully lessen the pollution produced by ice engines as dramatically as they are hoping it will be a game changer. Wouldn't it be ironic if the same groups currently profiting from the "co2 is too high" campaign switch gears to then promote "co2 is too low" in order to protect corporate profits?...
All is a stage...
GasGas TXT 125

Old 04-03-2024, 10:56 PM   #20

The five main components of our atmosphere, rounded to the nearest percent are:
nitrogen.......78%
oxygen.........21%
argon.............1%
water/H2O...0 - 4%
CO2.............325 ppm, or 0.000325%

The other more minor components drastically fall off in percentage after CO2. As anyone with the slightest knowledge of plants knows, CO2 is a vital part of photosynthesis. As a result of that process, plants emit oxygen which we breathe.

And as it turns out, the amount of CO2 in the modern atmosphere is quite low compared to earlier historical epochs. It was far higher during the age of the dinosaurs, for example, due to more abundant plant life, and also the planet was overall hotter. Since the dinosaur epoch was millions of years long, obviously this was not detrimental to them. In comparison, plants are now on a "restricted-calorie diet" of CO2.

We are actually now in what climatologists consider a cold period. The relative warming we are experiencing is just getting us out of the worst of the cold. We had a cold snap in the 1970s, and everyone was hyperventilating about a coming ice age. During the Revolutionary War, George Washington had to deal with a super-cold period when they were wintering over at Valley Forge. And the Dark Ages were also a super-cold period in human history, lasting hundreds of years. Many other examples of warming and cooling in pre-industrial times, with zero input from humanity.

Climate science is much more complicated and nuanced than politicians and the media would have you believe. And most scientists go where the grant money is, in all fields of science.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-04-2024, 02:52 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
The five main components of our atmosphere, rounded to the nearest percent are:
nitrogen.......78%
oxygen.........21%
argon.............1%
water/H2O...0 - 4%
CO2.............325 ppm, or 0.000325%

The other more minor components drastically fall off in percentage after CO2. As anyone with the slightest knowledge of plants knows, CO2 is a vital part of photosynthesis. As a result of that process, plants emit oxygen which we breathe.

And as it turns out, the amount of CO2 in the modern atmosphere is quite low compared to earlier historical epochs. It was far higher during the age of the dinosaurs, for example, due to more abundant plant life, and also the planet was overall hotter. Since the dinosaur epoch was millions of years long, obviously this was not detrimental to them. In comparison, plants are now on a "restricted-calorie diet" of CO2.

We are actually now in what climatologists consider a cold period. The relative warming we are experiencing is just getting us out of the worst of the cold. We had a cold snap in the 1970s, and everyone was hyperventilating about a coming ice age. During the Revolutionary War, George Washington had to deal with a super-cold period when they were wintering over at Valley Forge. And the Dark Ages were also a super-cold period in human history, lasting hundreds of years. Many other examples of warming and cooling in pre-industrial times, with zero input from humanity.

Climate science is much more complicated and nuanced than politicians and the media would have you believe. And most scientists go where the grant money is, in all fields of science.
And they will make the science say whatever you need it to say to get that grant money.

Thank you, sir. Finally some reason. Will we ever have leaders who speak plain truth with no interest in $ or power? I really like Tulsi Gabbard out of Hawaii. Military background and serves in the Army Reserve to this day. She is impressive.

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 04-04-2024, 03:00 AM   #22

My position on EV's: Was, is, and always will be a stupid idea. This is the way to go:

Old 04-04-2024, 11:40 AM   #23

I was recently yelled at by a friend who is a science teacher for trying to discuss the issues associated with the demonizing of co2. The level of brainwashing for lack of a better term in our society even among those who really should know better is alarming. I have lost faith in so many people, institutions and agencies over the past 2 decades as to find myself withdrawing from many aspects of "modern society". Cults seem to be a mainstay of the human experience and I suppose weather cults have existed from the beginning. Nothing under the sun is new...
GasGas TXT 125

Old 04-04-2024, 07:56 PM   #24

Addendum to post #20 above.

Safe CO2 Levels
10,000 ppm, about 30X the outdoor air concentration, is considered safe for indoor breathing for an 8-hour period. 30,000 ppm, 90X the outdoor concentration, is considered safe for 15 minutes indoors. Outside of some manufacturing operations, this concentration is almost nonexistent. The only other situation where CO2 could get dangerously high would be something like a group of miners trapped in a cave-in in a small space with no ventilation, for days or weeks. Serious danger starts at 30K ppm and higher. (The well-reported 2010 Chilean miner cave-in had them down there for ten weeks, and all 33 survived.)

So all the Chicken Little screeching about high CO2 in the atmosphere is complete nonsense. The Earth is a self-regulating system, and never in its 4.5 billion year history has there ever been a CO2 problem--with the exception of very roughly the first billion years or so, when the planet had no life at all. Once plants evolved and started producing oxygen, the atmosphere very slowly started changing into something breathable. And it has been so ever since.

Sources
https://www.health.state.mn.us/commu...oxins/co2.html
https://www.britannica.com/topic/evo...sphere-1703862
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:16 PM   #25

What really makes me sick is the truth that's beginning to come out about the vax. I am SOOO glad I resisted getting vaxxed. Got weak there for about 3 days and almost went and got it. Not sure what changed my mind against it...probably a Joe Rogan podcast.

Or maybe I heard "safe and effective" one too many times. Maybe it came out of a particular mouth, like Biden's, and that's when I KNEW it was a lie.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:27 PM   #26

No comment. I know from past experience that this gets into a touchy area on this forum. Don't want to get stuff deleted.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:05 PM   #27

Probably best. There's some reasonable stuff here and some bits that are off the rails loopy.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM   #28

Good call. Gotta watch out for the truth and avoid it at all costs. That stuff will get your post deleted!

Old 04-05-2024, 05:36 PM   #29

Just for grins I ordered this CO2 detector yesterday. The Amazon truck just dropped it off a few minutes ago. Calibrated it per the instructions. Indoor CO2 concentration in my office is under 900 ppm, very safe. It also displays temp, humidity, time, weekday and day of month. And is colorful. It is battery or USB-powered, but they just give you the cable, so you need a USB source unless you want to use the three AAA batteries, which they do not supply.

https://www.amazon.com/Newentor-Dete...27&sr=8-3&th=1

Old 04-05-2024, 08:13 PM   #30

Not sure about the internet "truth" stuff. I like stuff like the Templar 250 thread though. Lots of easily verified facts in it.