Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2024, 06:38 AM   #1

Changed to 17 tooth sprocket yesterday.

As the title states, I've changed my Xpect 200 front sprocket. After riding ~30 miles or so I now have a grand total of 66 miles on the bike. It is perfect, it should have came from the factory like this. 1st gesr runs up to an indicated 23 mph and the powerband is a tad higher in the rpm range and not nearly as narrow. It actually feels peppier in 1st, it even spins most of the way through 1st gear in grass with a 70 lb passenger (my 8 year old is 4'8" and 70 lbs) and I'm 5'10" at 190 and both tires at 32 psi. Without him on it it feels closer to powering the front end up on pavement in 1st if you gap it wide open from about 7 mph. Top speed is an indicated 67 mph, 64 on GPS. It can cruise at 60 (7200 rpm) indicated pretty easily but I wouldn't hold it much higher than that for long. The first thing I noticed was that the clutch didn't screech on a hard launch with the 17 like it did with the 15. Must have been something out of adjustment, it should have been worse with a 17. Instead of a lot of torque for a very short amount of time and a quick change to 2nd, 1st gesr is useful now. The only thing I can't seem to adjust is when the clutch grabs, it may just need wearing in. I have 3/16 or so play in the lever but as soon as the cable is actuated the clutch starts grabbing.
2023 Lifan X-Pect 200 #141 - HAAARD BREAK IN
Currently running .003 EXH/.0015 INT