Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #1

CSC RXR As first bike?

So I understand this is a RX3 thread but the RXR is basically the same thing minus the addons.

So I'm currently 17 turning 18 in January and I'm extremely interested in dailying a bike once I can, I've taken my MSF course so for now it's saving. Anyhow I'm looking to getting a motocycle in late January or Febuary and I came across this little company called CSC or Zongshen as it's better known. And so far I've researched into the bikes quite a bit but I want some other peoples opinions on getting one from them mainly the CSC RXR as I like the RX3 but I don't need something that bulky just a light ADV bike to daily and occasionally take some trails.

This is the motorcycle in mind
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/2017-RXR-p/zrxr-2017.htm

I'm wanting this bike for a few reasons but the main is the price. Being a Chinese bike this is to be expected and for $3500 + $300 for shipping as I live in Colorado and CSC (California Scooter Company) is based in California obviously; it would need to be shipped. I also just like how the bike looks for a 250cc I think it's pretty good for the price especially.

The main reason I'm posting this is what do you guys think about it as a first? The main thing is I'm debating over this or a Japanese motorcycle such as a Honda CB300F or KTM Duke 390, different bikes yes but still non the less it'd be a road bike 90% of the time. See I would consider getting a used older bike but that's the dilema would you guys think it'd be better off to getting a older cheaper bike that's the same style or a newer bike that's Chinese?

Any help would be great thanks!

Tags
csc, first motocycle, first ride, rx3, rxr