Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #1

Dropped bike - won't start. Please help

Hi all,

New to this forum. Bought a fuel injected Hawk 250 for Christmas to teach kids the basics of how to ride. Ran great for all of 40 miles. Ran great today until my son had a very minor mishap - dropped the bike onto its left side at very low speed. Only visible damage was a broken side mirror. Started right up not 1 minute later but wouldn't turn more than 3-4k rpm then died. Won't start. Fuel gauge shows full and plenty of gas sloshing in the tank. Kill switch undamaged and in the run position. Fuel pump doing what it should when ignition turned on. Any thoughts? Kind thanks in advance.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! I'm not super familiar with how the EFI on the new Hawks is set up, but I would suspect a flooded fuel vent line. It sounds like the pump is working, but there's fuel on the back side of the pump diaphragm that's preventing it from getting a full stroke in and making the requisite pressure. Try it again this morning, and see if it cleared up by itself. EFI can be very finnicky when it comes to getting fuel where it's not supposed to be.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up