Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2023, 11:25 PM   #31

Ugggghh, looking at pictures on here and someone posted one with a brand new hawk;
https://www.chinariders.net/picture....&pictureid=742

The brake line is run outside and down the side.

Mine came tucked in with all the wires behind the headlight. (inbetween the forks)
Can anyone confirm it's supposed to be ran like the picture here? (Outside of forks)

Last edited by N7sithis; 07-22-2023 at 01:29 AM.

Old 07-22-2023, 02:14 AM   #32

Mine came routed behind the headlight. I'm thinking this guy re-routed?

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-22-2023, 02:40 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Mine came routed behind the headlight. I'm thinking this guy re-routed?
Inbetween the forks?

And did yours come with rubber holders for both the upper and lower guides on the front brake? or just the lower one?

Old 07-22-2023, 09:36 AM   #34

I re routed mine like the picture, for sure flexs in a better spot now (up by the ignition instead of down by the tire)
Sadly I think I need a new brake cable, though. This one seems to have "memory" the same way wire does and wants to flex the same way it did in the wreck.

Old 07-22-2023, 12:15 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7sithis View Post
Inbetween the forks?

And did yours come with rubber holders for both the upper and lower guides on the front brake? or just the lower one?
I don't think it's in between the forks, but I'd have to pull the headlight off to check. Got to thinking...why not pinch the bracket thingie that it routes through with a pair of pliers to keep the line locked in? Just the lower as far as the rubber holder. Can you see the line move when you turn the handlebars?

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-22-2023, 02:52 PM   #36

Quote:
I don't think it's in between the forks, but I'd have to pull the headlight off to check. Got to thinking...why not pinch the bracket thingie that it routes through with a pair of pliers to keep the line locked in? Just the lower as far as the rubber holder. Can you see the line move when you turn the handlebars?
You can just follow the line with your hands and tell where it goes, or look up from underneath it.

That's what I did. It's crazy how much I had to alter them, they were incredibly loose. Ontop of re routing it like the pic seems to be working, haven't test rode yet, just jumping up n down on it while turning the wheel back n forth watching the cables flex. Seems to be good now.

Better front forks would definitely help, the stock ones sometimes compress some just under the weight of the bike LOL so bad.

Last edited by N7sithis; 07-22-2023 at 11:16 PM.

Old 08-01-2023, 03:07 PM   #37

When I started thinking of riding, I started watching moto madness videos... and quickly talked myself out of it. Then I found Dan Dan The Fireman, Motojitsu, and everything changed. Just completely immersed myself (and still do) in what NOT to do, and learning from others mistakes. I've learned how to read myself better and not ride if I'm emotional, practice emergency braking every time at the very least 3-5x when I first get on, and have taken a multitude of safety courses.

About 15yrs ago I got on a 500cc Honda CRF cuz I had "first MSF course" confidence, and promptly found myself in a ditch (it was an intentional slow lay-down to avoid something far worse), and that completely knocked off my desire for the next decade to ride. Then a good friend bought a TW200. Then I found the TT250.

Old 08-01-2023, 06:08 PM   #38

When I was in my twenties, I got on a friend's Yamaha YZF1000R. I had very little riding experience and no MSF courses at all. He had recently wrecked it and had a lot of the plastics off. Asked me if I wanted to ride it and I was like HELL YES!

I very slowly rolled it up and down some residential streets. I was in 2nd gear and wondered what would happen when I cranked the throttle. Shifted my weight towards the front and tucked my knees into the tank and gave it a rip. I was instantly looking at the sky and slowly backing off that throttle. Got the front wheel down without incident, rode straight back to my friend, got off that thing and swore I'd never get on another.

Old 08-01-2023, 06:18 PM   #39

Quote:
When I was in my twenties, I got on a friend's Yamaha YZF1000R. I had very little riding experience and no MSF courses at all. He had recently wrecked it and had a lot of the plastics off. Asked me if I wanted to ride it and I was like HELL YES!

I very slowly rolled it up and down some residential streets. I was in 2nd gear and wondered what would happen when I cranked the throttle. Shifted my weight towards the front and tucked my knees into the tank and gave it a rip. I was instantly looking at the sky and slowly backing off that throttle. Got the front wheel down without incident, rode straight back to my friend, got off that thing and swore I'd never get on another.
Did you have to change your underwear?
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 08-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #40

Thankfully, no. But I couldn't stop my knees from knocking for at least an hour. Almost collapsed on the dismount. lol