Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2023, 05:46 PM   #1

A Sunny Sunday on the NY/PA NEBDR

First, I have to start off with a story from the night before. It’s a good one. At about 2 AM some super drunk girls pulled up next to me to go into the hotel. They made a lot of noise. Not too big of a deal. But as I was having breakfast this morning I looked out the window and saw this. Ha ha ha. Looks like it was a rough night. Monticello goes hard

I didn’t have anything to inflate tires with so screw it. I didn’t take tire irons or a tube or anything. Because if I took them and I got stuck, well, I would still be stuck. I misplaced my little compressor. I think it’s on the boat but I haven’t seen it since I was moving on there.

Because I had so little to bring along, I got away with just using a top box. I rode with this configuration.

it was a beautiful day today. Temperature was something like 65? With all the gear that was absolutely perfect. Couldn’t be more comfortable. All of the trees were blossoming and everything was really really pretty. The whole ride was very relaxing. By the end of the ride it was a little too relaxing. I was looking for something a little bit challenging. But oh well. I asked for a relaxing ride and this was recommended to me. It was just that. It was perfect after a long week of work

I stopped in at the Long Eddy Hotel and Saloon for lunch. I didn’t expect much. I eat really healthy food. I eat organic food. I go to Whole Foods. I eat at fancy restaurants. And the food I make at home is better than all of that. I expect a lot when it comes to food. I’m a foodie. (Food snob) So I was really surprised at this place when I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and found it to be the best one I have ever tasted. I am not even kidding. This was the best grilled chicken I’ve ever had. I know it looks like nothing in the picture. I wasn’t very enthusiastic looking at it either. But There was some kind of spice rub all over the top of it and it just give it flavor like you never get with a boring grilled chicken sandwich. It was fantastic. Highly recommended.

I did end up going to Callicoon a little bit and looking around. A nice little town. It’s where Pennsylvania and New York meet. That was kind of the southern end of the little U-shape ride I did. That town has one of the few bridges that cross the Delaware and the even fewer without a toll.

And finally, I stopped by the old Woodstock area. It’s an interesting place for me and my family because my mother was a teenager during that and she snuck out and went to it. I wasn’t alive yet at the time.

but I went to a great music festival there myself. I went to Tomorrow World. One of the best music festivals I have ever been to just because I discovered a lot of new music and had such a good time there. I actually just went solo. I went with no one else because plans weren’t working out. I met all kinds of people. I found new music. It was one of my best experiences just going solo. The millennials were a fun generation to party with. This was such an interesting event because I met musicians and DJs that became famous later here. I met the Chainsmokers. I met Mikey Lion. These now famous people posted comments my Instagram. It was still near the beginning of the 2010 music scene. So this festival was a huge turning point for me in that time of life. It open me up to going to a bunch of desert hearts things. It was great.

to make a long story short, I had my own memories walking around those fields today in the daytime. Everywhere I turned was a memory. And I felt a connection with those people that went to Woodstock because they had memories walking around there as well. Just different ones. It’s a great place because I feel like it’s brought together multiple generations over music and festivals. I hope they have more.

And forget DoorDash. How about getting a nice scooter and opening a bar? Perfectly legal. Or at least you can keep it in motion so you can’t get in trouble. Ha ha

Old 05-14-2023, 05:48 PM   #2

Where are all these places? These are about 80 miles from Grand Central Station in the very center of New York City. Believe it or not. Even though it looks like I am out in Utah.

These are the Catskills in New York

Oh yeah. I saw three different herds of deer. So watch out riding there.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:01 PM   #3

great post. really enjoyed it. thx

Old 05-14-2023, 09:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
great post. really enjoyed it. thx
We never seem to use these ride reports.

Your ride report is what inspired me to make this one actually.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:09 AM   #5

looks like a great day! was it all pavement? We wanna see CB's in the wild!

Old 05-15-2023, 09:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
looks like a great day! was it all pavement? We wanna see CB's in the wild!
It was pavement and gravel. So it was kind of boring. Ha ha. But I did ask for recommendations on a relaxing ride because I had a hard work week and I was exhausted I just wanted to chill out and zone out. It was actually fun even if a little boring

I mean, I have done the big passes in Colorado on the TAT with this machine.

But I didn’t stop to take pictures.

I think that’s kind of the strange part about it. The more fun it is, the less likely you are to stop and take pictures.

But I’m going to try to take more pictures and document all the rides because it’s fun to be able to read ride reports and I should contribute to that.

Seems like a helmet camera would make it a lot easier though. Because I never want to stop and take a picture.

Old 05-15-2023, 09:33 AM   #7

Some days a nice stress free check out nature and let my mind relax kind of ride sets my soul at ease. Sometimes seeing pictures or videos of someone else's relaxing ride also relaxes me. Thanks!

I bought the camera at the link below. And while it comes with all kinds of mounting options I mounted it to an extra windshield (didn't want to drill holes in the stock windshield) so I could get videos. I can get individual pictures out of those videos by taking screen shots while playing the videos on my computer.

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Adjustable-Waterproof-Control-Accessories/dp/B07JR1XZ78?th=1

Old 05-15-2023, 09:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatguy View Post
It was pavement and gravel. So it was kind of boring. Ha ha. But I did ask for recommendations on a relaxing ride because I had a hard work week and I was exhausted I just wanted to chill out and zone out. It was actually fun even if a little boring

I mean, I have done the big passes in Colorado on the TAT with this machine.

But I didn’t stop to take pictures.

I think that’s kind of the strange part about it. The more fun it is, the less likely you are to stop and take pictures.

But I’m going to try to take more pictures and document all the rides because it’s fun to be able to read ride reports and I should contribute to that.

Seems like a helmet camera would make it a lot easier though. Because I never want to stop and take a picture.
I'm going to be getting something by this fall. I want to the the MABDR, the Smokey Mountain 500, and the SCAR (South Carolina Adventure Route), which are all close to me here in NC. Maybe someday the TAT. My bucket list just keeps growing!

Old 05-15-2023, 09:58 AM   #9

Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed it. Looked like a great time.

Old 05-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I'm going to be getting something by this fall. I want to the the MABDR, the Smokey Mountain 500, and the SCAR (South Carolina Adventure Route), which are all close to me here in NC. Maybe someday the TAT. My bucket list just keeps growing!

I know what you mean! I got this thing as a disposable toy. Something I thought would last one winter in Florida and then would just be garbage.

Little did I know it would keep going forever. Ha ha

I didn’t understand the China bikes back then like I do now.

Yesterday as I was riding the NEBDR I wanted to just take off a couple weeks and do the whole thing. It was quite an urge. I was really trying to think of ways that I could fit that in now. I’m going to try to see if I can work that into the fall maybe.

I am going to be riding it from a pier down your way around 1 July. It’s going to be hot. But I need to move it from up here to North Carolina. I’m going to use Kurviger to ride back roads as much as possible.

But that’s a road trip. Not like a BDR.