Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2022, 08:03 AM   #16

Now, THAT is interesting! Completely new head design, new single piece valve cover. I do not see the screw and lock nut valve adjustment so I'm guessing it's shim under bucket. Maybe that alone will lead to longer valve adjustment intervals. All in all this looks like the answer to those who found the RX3 to be under powered. I hope the weigh somehow comes down too.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:41 AM   #17

It's nothing new, just an old engine with a different head and cylinder has 1 mount differently, when I changed the cylinder I thought whether to buy this head is for 300$, but it turned out that the difference is very small in power, so just change the map and it is the same in addition this solution has a disadvantage, because the chain, when it stretches slightly changes the timing phase and requires modification of the top bracket the engine is called NT. 250 and the pictures are from ali express store and this chinese guy must have eaten rice from plastic, because he has such prices thathands are falling down, and for this engine he wants almost as much as for whole motorcycle.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #18

Darn, I was hoping for 30-35 hp and easier maintenance.

Old 05-09-2022, 04:02 PM   #19

Unfortunately fitting this head besides requiring reworking the brackets makes it practically impossible as far as I can see to unscrew the spark plug without at least pulling the tank off, but it is possible that it may require unscre the engine, and since a normal head has 4 valves the difference is small I saw a zongshen rx3 nt250 commercial somewhere on YouTube but can't find it.In the ad it says that supposedly 2.5 horses more, but it is not known whether in the entire rpm range, from what I have read on the subject some sources say that this solution adds power in the lower parts, and others that in the upper parts, i would have to think about it deeply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glowica.jpg (63.8 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by Lukas; 05-09-2022 at 06:11 PM.