Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues

Old 02-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #1

Should I Bother to Title My Pit Bike?

Hey guys, I just bought and received a SSR125 Pit Bike. I have the MCO and my invoice and bill of sale and was about to head to the titling place to get a title. When i did the math real quick with their fees its about to be like $100 and i started to re think why should i even bother when this bike will obviously not be registered and I plan to use it only on dirt?

Is there any disadvantages to not having a full title? While i have the Original MCO and bill of sale? The title would mostly be necessary if I wanted to sell it?

If it were ever stolen wouldnt my possession of the bill of sale and MCO be enough even though the MCO doesnt have my name on it?

Just wondering, otherwise I'll go title it and get it out of the way.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #2

It could help resale. Maybe a smaller person is looking to put a small dual sport on the road and you have what they're looking for. I know there's a lot of interest in small displacement dual sports for smaller people on advrider. There are several threads dedicated to it.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #3

Not sure about Ohio but in CA, the dealer has to do the initial registration, etc... Then it's up to you after that.
If I'm going to be riding national forest or OHV parks, an off-road sticker is required. I haven't titled my Rhino after the first year because it's never going to leave my property. I did non-op it though. out here, if I don't title it for 5 years, then sell it, the back fees need to be paid if it hasn't been non-opped. I gave away a truck once because the DMV back fees were more than the truck was worth.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350