Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports

Old 02-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #1

Winter Blues Cruise

The Winter Blues Cruise is put on by several of the local custom car clubs in NE IL. For all intents and purposes, it's a shop crawl instead of a pub crawl. I opted to go with because it started at Inky Tims' shop. If the weather was nice, DeSoto. If the weather was crappy, Ural. I rode the Ural.

My friend N8 took this pic of me getting ready to head out to my kids' place. First ride with the new Sedici helmet, too. Need to find my bottle of Frog Spit.

Was told I had the biggest balls there for showing up as I did.

I had an ulterior motive for meeting up at Tims' shop. Mrs C and I sprung for a Trail-a-bike for our grandsons and I was bringing it down to them. They're just a few miles from the shop. Too bad I left the seat and flag in my Jeep.

Cold and sloppy best describes the ride. The ride to the shop was nicer than the ride back home. By the time I got back home, both the Ural and I were covered with slush. I was pretty wiped and wet then, so no pics of the final stop. Suffice it to say, Ural leg guards have been ordered from Ukraine.

Some of the rides that showed up to Tims' shop.

This is Tims' 54 Chevy Belair. This is the closest it's ever been to being finished. And I have given him a hard time about it for many years.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts