Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #1

Kronik Racing = AWESOME!

After waiting 6 months from ordering a Hellcat from Q9 (My 29th, 2020), and being told probably 1st Qtr 2021 for arrival (I was OK with that), they cancelled my pre-order because evidently Tao Motors raised the prices on dealers/distributers 4x in 2020, and there was no indication product would be arriving soon.

That's it's own thread, (Titled: Shipping Updates).

So once my refund was processed and I got my $1092 back, I tossed in a couple extra hundred bucks and I ordered a BD125-10, otherwise known as a Boom Vader Gen 2 from Pete at Kronik Racing.

Pete was very responsive to emails, indicated plenty of stock on hand in all colors ready to ship.

I made my online order, it processed overnight and was ready to ship the next day.

It looks like the bike shipped from Boom International itself out of Ontario, Canada, which is cool, because I live in Michigan, which is practically the 11th Canadian Province.

I had ordered on a Tuesday, Wed it was ready to ship, shipped on Thursday or Friday morning, and I got a text from RL transport on Saturday to call to arrange delivery. I called and the soonest they could get a truck up to me from Detroit was Wednesday (that was yesterday as of this posting).

Truck arrived at 1130a and delivered the bike safely right to my garage door.

I had the bike assembled, adjusted, oil changed and fueled up running within an hour.

The only "birthmark" or damage was some minorly scratched paint on the middle of the handlebars, which I touched up with a black paint pen (Testor's enamel, matched Chinese black frame paint perfectly). No big deal, I also had Pro taper KLX110 bend bars and grips show up yesterday anyhow.

The bike arrived safely, quickly, and without damage. Pete was very helpful and prompt in his business transaction.

I very much appreciate him and Kronik Racing for helping me acquire my GLV (Grom-like Vehicle).

Old 12-10-2020, 06:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
After waiting 6 months from ordering a Hellcat from Q9 (My 29th, 2020), and being told probably 1st Qtr 2021 for arrival (I was OK with that), they cancelled my pre-order because evidently Tao Motors raised the prices on dealers/distributers 4x in 2020, and there was no indication product would be arriving soon.

That's it's own thread, (Titled: Shipping Updates).

So once my refund was processed and I got my $1092 back, I tossed in a couple extra hundred bucks and I ordered a BD125-10, otherwise known as a Boom Vader Gen 2 from Pete at Kronik Racing.

Pete was very responsive to emails, indicated plenty of stock on hand in all colors ready to ship.

I made my online order, it processed overnight and was ready to ship the next day.

It looks like the bike shipped from Boom International itself out of Ontario, Canada, which is cool, because I live in Michigan, which is practically the 11th Canadian Province.

I had ordered on a Tuesday, Wed it was ready to ship, shipped on Thursday or Friday morning, and I got a text from RL transport on Saturday to call to arrange delivery. I called and the soonest they could get a truck up to me from Detroit was Wednesday (that was yesterday as of this posting).

Truck arrived at 1130a and delivered the bike safely right to my garage door.

I had the bike assembled, adjusted, oil changed and fueled up running within an hour.

The only "birthmark" or damage was some minorly scratched paint on the middle of the handlebars, which I touched up with a black paint pen (Testor's enamel, matched Chinese black frame paint perfectly). No big deal, I also had Pro taper KLX110 bend bars and grips show up yesterday anyhow.

The bike arrived safely, quickly, and without damage. Pete was very helpful and prompt in his business transaction.

I very much appreciate him and Kronik Racing for helping me acquire my GLV (Grom-like Vehicle).

I just got the red one and was impressed with the quality of this little bike.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:08 PM   #3

Pete is a good guy! I am glad to see you using the term GLV! Let's see if we can make the term an everyday word

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
I just got the red one and was impressed with the quality of this little bike.
I thought about the red one, but I didn't want to be too obvious or seen as "copying" a Grom. In my area, that could happen... irrational I know, but I'm liking the clean white on black.

As for the quality, I already have a few torn stitches on the seat after only 2 days. I can fix it, no biggie, and I may replace the seat anyhow- it also doesn't fit perfectly at the front.

Besides that, the durability and overall quality of the plastics is the only real "sub-par" part. But I expected that and totally am OK. Don't lay her down too much and they'll be fine. Otherwise, Grom SF plastics fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Pete is a good guy! I am glad to see you using the term GLV! Let's see if we can make the term an everyday word
Indeed he is.

I've been trying to use GLV term on the FB groups and in chats with people as much as I can.. hoping it catches on! It's just so much more appropriate than "Grom clone" given the variations, SSR Razkull, Vaders, Hellcats, Lil' Duc, et AL.

Old 12-15-2020, 08:16 AM   #5

Having owned both and not intending to start a "war"., i would give the edge in initial build quality and fit / finish to the Vaders over HellKats .In addition, Vaders have two reputable Dealers known for solid backup in case of an issue Kronik and also Venom motorsports., I am unaware of any HellKat Dealer that has as good a reputation as either Venom or Kronik .Yes, you can usually find a HellKat for $100 or so less than a Vader , but is it really worth it when you will effectively have zero backup in the event of issues ,when you can buy from Kronik or Venom and have established , known support?
2020 Orion RXB250L